Find out which part of a sentence has an error.
1. The families /(a) are living in Gulmohar Park / (b) for the last two decades./(c) No error./ (d)
2. Two lakhs of people /(a) attended the meeting/(b) held in Parade grounds./(c) No error./(d)
3. There is a Bach’s violin concerto /(a) on the radio / (b) at 6 p.m. this evening./ (c) No error/(d)
4. Lay your books aside and / (a) lay down to rest / (b) for a while. / (c) No error / (d)
5. We went / (a) with Guptas to a /(b) movie called ‘Deewar’ . /(c) No error / (d)
6. Once an old hermit / (a) saw a cat /(b) pounce upon a rat./ (c) No error. /(d)
7. A computer virus works exactly / (a) like the biological variety / (b) which invade the human body/ (c) No error. / (d)
8. When I first started my school / (a) my boys had / (b) no evident love for music. / (c) No error. / (d)
9. My uncle / (a) has left / (b) for Bombay last Saturday. / (c) No error. / (d)
10. Don’t think / (a) you can deceive me / (b) like you did my brother. / (c) No error. /(d)
ANSWERS WITH EXPLANATION:
Explanation: Change are living into have been living continuous + since / for + Unit of time are the features of perfect continuous tense.
Explanation: Change lakhs into lakh. Hundred, thousand, lakh etc are used singular after numbers.
Explanation: Change lay into lie. These are to different words lay (रखना) laid, laid and lie (लेटना )lay, lain are the forms . Lie is used for living.
Explanation: Insert the before Guptas. Guptas are known to the subject.
Explanation: Pounce on / upon is a Phrasal word means move to attack quickly.
Explanation: Exactly and like never go together.
Explanation: Change boys into students or pupils.
Explanation: Omit has. Last yesterday and ago refer to simple past.
Explanation: change like into as. Like is used for similarity as is used for examples.