1. He who has suffered most/ (a) for the cause / (b) let him speak / (c) No error / (d)
2. A cup of coffee/ (a) is an excellent complement / (b) to smoke salmon / (c) No error / (d)
3. He is a university professor / (a) but of his three sons / (b) neither has any merit/(c) No error/ (d)
4. After knowing truth / (a) they took the right decision / (b) in the matter / (c) No error / (d)
5. It is time you / (a) decide on your next / (b) course of action / (c) No error / (d)
6. Judge in him / (a) prevailed upon the father / (b) and he sentenced his son to death / (c) No error / (d)
7. Nine tenths / (a) of the pillar / (b) have rotted away / (c) No error/ (d)
8. One major reason / (a) for the popularity of television is / (b) that most people like to stay at home / (c) No error / (d)
9. Our efforts are aimed / (a) to bring about / (b) a reconciliation / (c) No error / (d)
10. Three conditions critical / (a) for growing plants are soil, temperature, chemical balance / (b) or amount of moisture / (c) No error / (d)
ANSWERS WITH EXPLANATIONS:
Explanation: Change most into a lot. Suffered a lot is a phrase
Explanation: smoked salmon means a big fish. Flesh of it is used for food. Complement is followed by preposition to.
Explanation: Neither is used for two things or persons therefore change neither into none.
Explanation: Know is not used in progressive tense. Change knowing into having known.
Explanation: Change decide into decided. It is time is followed by simple past.
Explanation: Change upon into over.
Explanation: The subject is singular so it will be has rotted away.
Explanation: Insert of the before people
Explanation: It should be our effort is aimed our refers the spirit of a team.
Explanation: It should be three critical conditions.