1. I found (a)/ the two first chapters of the book (b)/ particularly interesting. (c)/ No error (d)
2. Bacon, the father of the English easy (a) / had a thirst (b) / of knowledge (c) / No error (d)
3. The train had left ( a) / when he had reached (b) /the station (c) / No error (d)
4. He said (a) / that he will never (b) / repeat the mistake (c) / No error (d)
5. I am able (a) / to cope up with (b / all these difficulties. (c) / No error (d)
6. I wish I am (a) / the richest person (b) / in the whole wide world (c) / No error (d)
7. She is confident (a) / to win the gold medal (b) / this time (c)/ No error(d)
8. The boy laid in the shelter (a)/ for a long time before (b) / somebody came to rescue him (c) / No error (d)
9. Standing at (a) / the top of the hill,(b) /the houses below were hardly visible (c) / No error (d)
10. Kambli is one of the players (a) / who has been selected (b) / for the test match (c) / No error (d)
ANSWERS WITH EXPLANATION:
1. (b) :
Explanation: It should be ‘the first two chapters’.
Explanation: The English means the citizen of England. Article is not used before language.
Explanation: The work which is done earlier will be used in past perfect and the rest in simple past then the delete ‘had’.
Explanation: If the reporting verb is in the past then reported speech will also be changed. Change will into would.
Explanation: Delete up. Up is not followed with Cope
Explanation: Change ‘am’ into ‘were’. ‘Were’ is used with wish. He wishes he were a king.
Explanation: Confident is followed by ‘of’ and of is followed with a ground It should be ‘of winning the gold medal’.
Explanation: Change laid into lay. The second form of lie is lay.
Explanation: Change at into on
10. If ‘one of the’ is followed by ‘who then plural verb will be used as Mahatma Gandhiji is one of the great leaders who have served humanity.