1. I saw him (a) / a couple of times (b)/ since May (c)/ No error (d)
2. Tea (a) /which I am drinking (b)/ is hot (c) /No error (d)
3. Although the police officer sympathized with poor (a)/ he refused to (b) / take an action against the rich man (c) / No error (d)
4. We were looking forward (a)/ to hear news (b)/ about the missing fisherman (c)/ No error (d).
5. The actress (a) / was shocked (b) / by the news of her dog’s death (c) / No error (d).
6. One of the questions (a) / he asked me was (b)/ “Who did you travel with?” (c)/ No error (d)
7. I know (a)/ a doctor (b) / you are referring to (c) / No error (d).
8. the introduction of job – oriented courses (a / in the self – financing colleges (b) / attract many students (c) / No error (d)
9. It is better (a)/ to keep one’s head in the face of danger than (b) / losing one’s courage (c) / No error(d).
10. The short story (a) / should not exceed (b) / more than two hundred words (c) / No error (d)
ANSWER WITH EXPLANATION:
1. (a) : Change saw into have seen present perfect + since + unit of time.
2. (a) Insert the before Tea. A definite article the is required before a relative pronoun which, who etc..
3. (c) : “An” is superfluous before action. Indefinite article is not used before action.
4. (b): Change to hear into to hearing looking forward means to see in future. to + gerund is used. It should be to hearing the news.
5. (c): Change by into at. Shocked is followed by preposition at.
6. (c) : Change who into whom. Objective pronoun of who will be used.
7. (b) : Change a into the . Definite article is required before a known noun, referring shows a known.
8. (c): Change attract into attracts. The subject The introduction is singular. It requires a singular verb.
9. (c): it should be to lose both side of adjective same preposition is used.
10. (c) More than is not used after exceed.