1. Siddaramaiah sworn-in as the C.M. of Karnataka
Siddaramaiah, the leader of the Indian National Congress on 11 May 2013 was sworn in as the 22nd chief minister of the state of Karnataka.
2. Roberto Azevedo appointed Head of W.T.O
Roberto Azevedo from Brazil on 8 May 2013 was named as the head of the World Trade Organisation. He will take charge of his office from Pascal Lamy of France in the Geneva-based Body in September 2013.
3. Giorgio Napolitano re-elected as Italy's president
Giorgio Napolitano, an 87-year-old political veteran who had been planning to embark on a well-earned retirement within weeks, has become the first Italian president to be re-elected to serve a second term.
4. Staffan de Mistura appointed as Italian Special Envoy to India
Staffan de Mistura the Deputy Foreign Minister of Italy appointed as the Special Envoy to India on Marines Issue.
5. Dr. Christopher Briggs appointed as the Secretary General of the Ramsar Convention
Dr. Christopher Briggs was announced the Secretary General of the Ramsar Convention. His appointment to the post was declared by the Standing Committee of the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands during 46th meeting held in Gland, Switzerland from 8-12 April 2013.
6. Abdul Hamid was sworn in as Bangladesh President
Parliamentary Speaker Abdul Hamid was on 24 April 2013 sworn in as Bangladesh President to replace Zillur Rahman, who died in March 2013. Abdul Hamid is the 20th President of Bangladesh.
7. Takehiko Nakao elected as the President of ADB
Takehiko Nakao on 27 April 2013 was appointed as the President of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) by the Board of Governors at New Delhi.
He succeeded Haruhiko Kuroda, who resigned from his office in March 2013 to take up an assignment as the Governor of the Bank of Japan.
8. Anil Goswami appointed as New Union Home Secretary
Union Ministry of Home Affairs on 26 April 2013 appointed Anil Goswami, a Jammu and Kashmir cadre IAS officer as Union Home Secretary. He will take charge from incumbent R.K Singh.
9. Krishna Kumar Natrajan appointed as the New Chief of NASSCOM
Krishnakumar Natarajan, CEO and Director of Mindtree on 8 April 2013 was appointed as the Chairman of Nasscom for the year 2013-14. He succeeded N Chandrasekaran, MD and CEO of TCS, who was the Chairman for the year 2012-13.
10. Nicolas Maduro Sworn-In as the New President of Venezuela
Nicolas Maduro of the United Socialist Party of Venezuela was sworn in as the new President of Venezuela on 19 April 2013. Nicolas Maduro, 50, succeeded late President of Venezuela, Hugo Chavez who died on 5 March 2013.
11. M F Farooqui on appointed as the new Telecom Secretary
M F Farooqui on 1 April 2013 took over charge as the secretary of the Department of Telecommunications (DoT). He replaced R Chandrashekhar who retired in the month of March 2013. Prior to his appointment, Farooqui was the secretary for the Department of Heavy Industries.
12. Sunil Bharti Mittal appointed Vice Chairman of International Chamber of Commerce
Sunil Bharti Mittal , the Chairman and Group CEO of Bharti Enterprises in the month of April 2013 appointed as the Vice-Chairman of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC),which is one of the world's oldest global business organisations.
13. Uhuru Kenyatta Sworn-In as the President of Kenya
Uhuru Kenyatta was sworn-in as the new President of Kenya on 9 April 2013. He is the fourth president of Kenya.
14. Aruna Bahuguna became First Women Special DG of CRPF
Aruna Bahuguna, Senior IPS Officer on 18 April 2013 was appointed as the new Special Director General of CRPF, India’s largest paramilitary force. With her appointment to the office of the special DG, Aruna Bahuguna (a 1979-batch Andhra Pradesh Cadre Officer) became the first women officer to be appointed to the top position in the hierarchy of the Force.
15. Nirbhay Sharma appointed Governor of Arunachal Pradesh
Nirbhay Sharma on 16 May 2013 appointed as governor of Arunachal Pradesh .