1. IN BLANK AND WHITE (लिखित में)
– in written or printed form
Example: Your offer sounds good, but I want you to put it in black and white.
2. IN BLACK AND BLUE : (बुरा पीटना)
- If a person or part of their body is black and blue, their skin is covered with bruises (= black marks caused by being hit)
Example: He was beaten black and blue at boarding school.
3. GO THE WHOLE HOG (कोई कार्य पूरी तरह से करना )
- to do something as completely as possible
Example : It was going to cost so much to repair my computer, I thought I might as well go the whole hog and buy a new one.
4. OUT OF THE WOODS (कठिनाइयों से मुक्त)
- free from difficulties or truoubles
Example: When the patient got out of the woods, everyone relaxed.
5. OUT OF THE WORLD (अद्भुत, शानदार)
– absolutely beautiful magnificent wonderful
6. WRAP UP IN COTTON WOOL (बहुत सुरक्षा देना)
- protect too much from dangers or risks
Example: She wraps that child up in cotton wool as if he's some precious jewel.
7. TURN A DEAF EAR TO (सुनने से इनकार)
- to ignore what someone is saying
Example: The Supreme Court said there was a need for action, but Congress has turned a deaf ear to the Court.
8. KEEP ABREAST OF
- Be or remain up to date with or well informed about.
Example: This new service helps doctors keep abreast of the newest drugs available.
9. GIVE A GOOD ACCOUNT OF (कार्य अच्छी तरह से करना)
- to do (something) well or thoroughly.
Example: John gave a good account of himself when he gave his speech last night
10. MAKE A CLEAN BREAST OF (सब कुछ कबूल करना )
- Make a full confession of something , especially something bad or illegal that you have done, so that you do not have to feel guilty any more.
Example: After months of lying about the money, I decided to make a clean breast of it and tell the truth.