Direction(1-5): Read the following information carefully and answer the questions given below.
A+B means A is the father of B
A*B means A is the sister of B
A$B means A is the wife of B
A%B means A is the mother of B
A/B means A is the son of B
1. Which of the following expression is true if Y is the son of X is definitely false?
2. If expression ‘I+T%J*L/K’ is definitely true, then which of the following option is true?
(1) L is the daughter of T
(2) K is the son-in-law of I
(3) I is the grandmother of L
(4) T is the father of J
(5) J is the brother of L
3. Which of the given expressions indicate that M is the daughter of D?
4. What should come in place of the question mark, to establish that T is the sister-in-law of Qin the expression R%T*P ? Q+V
(5) Either $ or *
5. What should come in place of the question mark, to establish that J is the brother of T in the expression J/P%H ? T%L
(4) Either / or *
(5) Either + or /
Direction(6-10): Read the following information carefully and answer the questions given below.
Eight people – E, F, G, H, J, K L and M are sitting around a circular table facing the centre. Each of them is of a different profession – Chartered Accountant, Columnist, Doctor, Engineer, Financial Analyst, Lawyer, Professor and Scientist but not necessarily in the same order. F is sitting second to the left of K. The Scientist is an immediate neighbour of K. There are only three people between the Scientist and E. Only one person sits between the Engineer and E. The Columnist is to the immediate right of the engineer. M is second to the right of K. H is the Scientist. G and J are the immediate neighbours of each other. Neither G nor J is an Engineer. The Financial Analyst is to the immediate left of F. The lawyer is second to the right of the columnist. The professor is an immediate neighbour of the Engineer. G is second to the right of the Chartered Accountant.
6. Who is second to the right of F?
(5) Cannot be determined
7. Which of the following statement is true according to the given arrangement?
(1) The Lawyer is second to the left of the doctor.
(2) E is an immediate neighbour of the Financial Analyst.
(3) H sits exactly between F and the Financial Analyst
(4) Only four people sits between the Columnist and F
(5) All of the given statements are true
8. Who amongst the following is the Professor?
9. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on the given arrangement and hence form a group. Which of the following does not belong to that group?
(1) Chartered Accountant - H
(2) M - Doctor
(3) J - Engineer
(4) Financial Analyst - L
(5) Lawyer - K
10. What is the position of L with respect to the scientist?
(1) Third to the left
(2) Second to the right
(3) Second to the left
(4) Third to the right(5) Immediate Right