Directions: Study the following information carefully and answer the following questions given below:
A × B means A is sister of B.
A + B means A is mother of B.
A – B means A is father of B
A ÷ B means A is brother of B.
1. If W + T ÷ V × S – C, then how is W related to C?
5) Other than given options
2. Y is daughter of Z. Y and U are siblings. U is father of A. B is father of C. B and Y are couples. What is the relation between C and U?
4) Other than given options
5) Can't be determined
3. There are chances of hike in the crude–oil tariff soon. This proposal will bring about a sharp increase for the industrial consumers and marginal increase for the domestic consumers. What is the conclusion of the given paragraph?
1) At present, there is a disparity in the petrol/diesel tariff between domestic and industrial consumers.
2) Industrial consumers consume more oil in comparison with individual/ domestic consumers.
3) After this hike, petroleum companies will start to get increase in profit.
4) If this proposal is accepted, then industrial output will get positively affected.
5) Other than given options
4. "ASSOCHAM establishes GLOBAL INVESTORS' INDIA FORUM"—An advertisement launched by Indian government. Which of the following can be an assumption of the advertisement?
1) Other countries will also organise this kind of forum.
2) These seminars are just gimmick by the advertiser to attract globally investment interesting countries.
3) There will be countries who will respond to this kind of forums.
4) The advertisement many a time turns out to be exaggerated.
5) None of these
Directions: Following are the criteria for selection of an officer in ITC.
The candidate must:
(i) have passed HSC examination in first class with at least 60% marks.
(ii) have passed graduation degree in any discipline with at least 55% marks.
(iii) have completed a certificate/diploma/degree course in Computer Science.
(iv) be not less than 21 years or more than 30 years of age as on 01.07.2014
If a candidate satisfies all the above mentioned criteria except–
(a) at (ii) above but is a postgraduate, the case may be referred to the Executive Director (ED).
(b) at (iii) above but studied Computer Science as one of subjects of curriculum, the case may be referred to the Vice President (VP).
In each of the following question below, information of one candidate is given. You have to take one of the following five decisions based on the information provided and the criteria and conditions given above. You are not to assume anything other than the information provided in each question. All these cases are given to you as on 01.07.2014. You have to indicate your decision by making to each question as follows: Give answer
1) if the case is to be referred to ED.
2) if the case is to be referred to VP.
3) if the candidate is to be selected.
4) if the candidate is not selected.
5) if the information is inadequate to take a decision.
5. Ruhi is B.Com graduate passed in second class with 56% marks. She had passed HSC in second class with 59% marks. She has also completed a Computer diploma with 56% marks. Her date of birth is 11.05.1988.
6. Rohit is Bsc with Computer science passed in second class with 58% marks. He had passed HSC examination in first class with 76% marks. He completed 25 years of age in December 2013.
7. Joseph has passed BMS degree examination in second class with 58% marks and HSC in first class with 65% marks. He has completed a diploma in Computer Science. He completed 25 years of age in November 2013.
8. Karthik is a BA passed with 63% marks. He had passed HSC examination with 69% marks. He has also completed a certificate course in Computer Science with 'A' grade. Her date of birth is 23.09.1990.
9. Osheen is a science graduate passed in 2012 with 47% at the age of 22 years. She has scored 64% marks in HSC. She has also passed MSC with 58% marks. She has done a certificate course in Computers.
Hence, C is grandchild of W, or W is grandmother of C
Since, the gender of ‘C’ is not specific. Hence, it is not possible to determine the relation between C and U.