1) What is SAMANVAY, which was launched by Rural Development Minister Chaudhary Birender Singh?
Answer. It is a compilation of all schemes of both Union and State governments for Gram Panchayats.
2) The government of India signed a landmark peace accord with the National Socialist Council of which state of India?
3) The Union Government of India sanctioned 1000 crore rupees for the laying of 15.06 km long tracks to connect Indian Railways with which country through the North East?
4) The Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI’s) High Powered Committee on Urban Cooperative Banks (UCBs) in its report has recommended conversion of UCBs with business size of 20000 crore rupees or more into regular banks. Who headed this committee?
Answer. RBI Deputy Governor R Gandhi
5) The Union Minister for Minority Affairs Najma Heptulla launched a new Central Sector Scheme which aimed to give a new direction and a new goal for the all out of school or dropped out students and those studying in Madrasas. Name the scheme.
Answer. Nai Manzil
6) RBI notified which section of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 which is related to Relaxations in Branch Authorisation Policy which allowed banks to shift, merge or close branches, in urban areas, at their own discretion.
Answer. Section 23
7) RBI decided to put into circulation which denomination coins to commemorate the International Day of Yoga?
Answer. 10 Rupee Coins
8) Union Government approved setting up of NIIF with an initial corpus of how many crore rupees which can be leveraged by infrastructure companies? What is the full form of NIIF?
Anwer. Rs. 20,000 Crores, National Investment and Infrastructure Fund
9) Which became the first country to receive funds from the United Nations for its fast growing solar home systems?
10) Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar and Lt Governor of ____________________ Boyd K. Rutherford, have agreed to explore the possibilities of cooperation in the fields of bio-technology, life sciences and agriculture, cyber security and engineering.
11) India in August 2015 signed a MoU on technical cooperation in railway sector with which country?
Answer. Slovak Republic
12) China signed 20 agreements worth 1.6 billion US dollars with which country to implement their ambitious Economic Corridor project.
13) Which canal was unveiled in Egypt after its major expansion?
Answer. Suez Canal
14) The 48th ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) Foreign Ministers’ meet was held in?
Answer. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
15) Which state declared as the ‘complete digital state’?
16) The Supreme Court ruled that which card is not mandatory for availing government welfare schemes but said it could be used for disbursal of subsidies on public distribution, cooking fuel/LPG or for criminal investigation on a court’s direction. Name the card.
Answer. Aadhaar card
17) Name the city which has topped the Swachh Bharat rankings among 476 cities in the country?
18) Mobile subscribers can now activate or deactivate their internet service on their mobile phone by calling or sending an SMS to a new toll free number. What is the number?
19) Which state assembly has passed a resolution requesting the Centre to amend Section 302 of the IPC to abolish capital punishment?
20) The ninth edition of the biennial defence trade exhibition, Defexpo India 2016, will take place in which state?