Directions (Q. 1-5): Study the following information to answer the given questions:
Eight persons Ayesha, Bittu, Chandan, Disha, Ela, Farooq, Graeme and Henry live on a separate floor each of an 8-floor building but not necessarily in the same order. The ground floor is numbered 1, the first floor is numbered 2 and so on until the topmost floor is numbered eight.
Only two persons live below the floor on which Graeme lives. Only one person lives between Graeme and Ayesha.
Henry lives on an odd-numbered floor but not on floor no. 7.
Only two persons live between Henry and Bittu. Bittu does not live on the topmost floor.
Ayesha does not live on the lowermost floor.
Disha lives immediately below Chandan. Neither Chandan nor Ela live on floor no 6.
Farooq lives immediately above Ayesha.
1. How many persons live between the floors on which Ayesha and Disha live?
(b) More than three
2. Who lives on the floor immediately below Graeme?
3. On which of the following floor numbers does Disha live?
4. Which of the following is true with respect to Farooq as per the given arrangement?
(a) Only three persons live between Farooq and Bittu
(b) Only three persons live above Farooq.
(c) Farooq lives on the floor no. 6.
(d) None of the given options is true.
(e) Farooq lives immediately above Disha.
5. Who among the following lives on floor no. 5?
Directions (Q. 6-10): Read the following information to answer the given questions:
Prince, Queen, Ricky, Smith, Tim, Uber, Vivian and Watson are seated in a straight line but not necessarily in the same order. Some of them are facing South while some are facing North.
(NOTE: Same direction means that if one person is facing north then the other also faces north and if one person is facing south then the other person also faces south. Opposite direction means that if one person is facing north then the other person faces south and vice versa.)
Tim faces south. Only three people sit to the left of Tim. Only two people sit between Tim and Queen. Uber sits third to the right of Watson. Watson is an immediate neighbour of neither Tim nor Queen. Watson does not sit at any of the extreme ends of the line.
Both the immediate neighbours of Smith face north. Smith is not an immediate neighbour of Watson. Only one person sits between Smith and Prince. Prince faces the same direction as Watson. The immediate neighbours of Queen face opposite directions (ie if one neighbour faces north then the other faces south and vice versa). Persons sitting at extreme ends face opposite directions. Ricky faces a direction opposite that of Smith.
6. How many persons are seated between Tim and Prince?
(b) More than four
7. Which of the following pairs represents the persons seated at the two extreme ends of the line?
(a) Ricky, Tim
(b) Prince, Vivian
(c) Prince, Uber
(d) Queen, Ricky
(e) Ricky, Smith
8. Which of the following is true about Vivian with respect to the given arrangement?
(a) Only two people sit between Vivian and Queen.
(b) Only one person sits to the right of Vivian.
(c) None of the given options is true
(d) Uber is one of the immediate neighbours of Vivian.
(e) Ricky sits second to the right of Vivian.
9. Who among the following sits on the immediate left of Ricky?
10. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on the given arrangement and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?