1. Liquid assets means?
Cash and Debtors
Cash and Debtors (except bad debts)
Cash and Debtors (except bad debts) and Marketable Securities
2. Many a time we read about Rural Indebtedness in various newspapers/magazines. What are the main causes of the rural indebtedness?
II.Inability to repay the loans
III.Zamindari System which prevents farmers to own the land
Both I and II
All of the above
3. The process of the total valuation of the financial capital assets of a country is technically known as?
Gross Domestic Product
Net wealth of the country
Gross Domestic Resources
4. Which of the following is NOT the part of the organized sector in Indian Money Market?
Non-Banking Financial Companies
Unit Trust of India
5. The term “dormant accounts” means?
Accounts showing an average balance of less than Rs. 100 during a half year
Accounts which remains inoperative for an extended period of time
Accounts which have been blocked under the exchange control regulations
Loan/cash credit/overdraft accounts which are considered irrecoverable
6. Very often we rad Special Economic Zones (SEZs) in newspapers. What was the purpose of promoting SEZs in India?
I. They are established to promote exports.
II. They are established to attract investments from foreign countries.
III. They are established to help poorest of the poors in India as the activities of these zones are reserved only for poors and those living below poverty line.
Both I and II only
7. When someone wants to open a new savings banks account, the bank asks him/her to bring various documents. Which of the following is one of these documents?
Certificate of medical fitness
Proof of Residence & Identity
None of the above
8. The main function of IMF is to.......?
Finance investment loans to developing countries
Act as a private sector lending arm of the World Bank
Help to solve balance of payment problems of member countries
Arrange international deposits from Banks
9. Which of the following is not a part of the scheduled banking structure in India?
Public Sector Banks
Private Sector Banks
Regional Rural Banks
10. The rate of interest on Savings Bank Account is stipulated by?
The concerned bank
Indian Banks Association
Government of India