1. The Rajya Sabha Chairman turned down liquor baron Vijay Mallya’s resignation on procedural grounds recently. Name the present chairman of Rajya Sabha.
Mohd Hamid Ansari
K Rahman Khan
2. Which state govt launched Chandranna Bima Yojana, an insurance scheme for the working class people recently?
3. The initiative named MICE, launched by the central govt recently is aimed at up-gradation of which sector in India?
4. Time magazine’s 2016 list of the 100 most reputable universities in the world is topped by?
University of Oxford
University of Cambridge
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
5. The BCCI has recommended Indian Test captain Virat Kohli for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award and _________ for the Arjuna award.
6. The ADMM-Plus(ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting Plus) Exercise on Maritime Security and Counter Terrorism was held recently in?
Papua New Guinea
7. India has agreed to pay Iran an interest of what per cent on $6.5 billion that refiners owe it in oil dues?
0.5 per cent
1 per cent
1.25 per cent
1.5 per cent
1.75 per cent
8. The BHEL recently commissioned a 600 MW coalbased thermal power plant in Jhabua Thermal Power Project (TPP) located in Seoni district in?
9. The International Monetary Fund(IMF) retained India’s growth forecast at what per cent for FY17 recently?
6.7 per cent
6.9 per cent
7.1 per cent
7.3 per cent
7.5 per cent
10. Name the cricketer who has been roped in as the country’s goodwill ambassador for the upcoming Rio Olympics. He will accompany Salman Khan and Abhinav Bindra.