Directions (Q. 1-5): Which of the following (1), (2), (3) and (4) given below should replace the phrase given in bold inthe following sentence to make the sentence grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is and 'No correction is required', mark (5) as the answer.
1. Besides fostering peace and brotherhood among communities, scholars will also spell out what the stand of Islam on issue like female foeticide sexual exploitation and alcoholism.
1) stand of Islam on issue.
2) the stand of Islam at issues.
3) various issue on Islam.
4) the stand of Islam on issues.
5) No correction required.
2. Never before in the history of the state and very rarely in the history of the country has a sparkling galaxy of business tycoons of such stunning magnitude ever gathered above one roof.
1) never have above.
2) ever gathered under.
3) ever gather above.
4) never gather around.
5) No correction required.
3. I have been informed that the Vice-President of our company has said that the company will try to pass the bill during the current project ?
1) have tried to pass bill.
2) will try to passing the bill.
3) will try to pass bill.
4) won't try to issue a bill.
5) No error.
4. Population growth is the natural factor in increasing size of villages, that will the desire to shift to nearby bigger villages or towns in search of employment.
1) But so would be the desire
2) That won't be required
3) Therefore will desire
4) Launch new desire
5) No correction required
5. Unlike supermarkets that accepting credit card, Kirana shops largely deal in cash, most if not all of which is untaxed and flows into the so-called parallel economy.
1) could have argued
2) with their economies of scale
3) no one accept cards
4) which accept credit cards.
5) whether accepting the cards
Directions (Q 6-10): Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
(A)Who will be here with us when the Police (contingents) move out?
(B) We will go back to the same ways and if we speak out our lives will be in danger.
(C) What has happened has happened.
(D) In 2006, when the crime occured a Khairlanji resident told us : Our lives are here–land, cattle, familes.
(E) No one.
(F) That is the way it is for us.
6. Which of the following sentences will come FIRST after rearrangement?
7. Which of the following sentences will come SECOND after rearrangement?
8. Which of the following sentences will come THIRD after rearrangement?
9. Which of the following sentences will come FIFTH after rearrangement?
10. Which of the following sentences will come LAST after rearrangement ?