1. Inflation in India is measured on which of the following indexes/indicators?
Cost of Living Index (COLI)
Consumer Price Index (CPI)
Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
2. Treasury bills are sold in India by?
Reserve Bank of India
3. As per the instructions given by the RBI, now all banks are required to provide which of the following in all it's branches mandatorily?
Note Sorting Machines
Special Counters for Senior Citizens
All of the above
4. Which of the following terms is NOT used in the field of Banking & Finance?
5. As per the news published in major newspapers in India, Banks need about 12 lakh business correspondents for rural areas. What will be the role of these correspondents?
I. They will help rural people in their day-to-day banking activities
II. They will work as a link between banks and the customers.
III. They will ascertain eligibility of rural people so that relief packages can be provided to them.
Only I and II
6. As per the news published in a financial publication RBI is redesigning its ‘ECS’ to function as a Automated Clearing House (ACH) for bulk transactions. What is full form of ‘ECS’?
Extra Closing System
Electronic Cheque System
Evening Cheque Sorter
Electronic clearing Service
7. The Reserve Bank of India has asked all the banks to install ‘Note Sorting Machines’ in the branches. How will this help banks and the general public?
I. The machines will check for counterfeit notes and drop these from circulation.
II. The will help banks to count the notes quickly and accurately.
III. This will help in sorting out soiled notes so that they are not reissued by the banks
Only I and II
8. As per the guidelines issued by the RBI, banks are preparing for a service which will allow customers to withdraw upto Rs.1,000 using their debit cards from notified shoes/stores all over the country. All such shops/stores will have ‘POS’ terminals for the same. What is full form of the ‘POS’?
Payment on Sale
Power of Sale
Point of Sale
Payment Order Service
9. One of the major emphasis of Basel II is that banks should have?
Adequate Capital Adequacy Ratio
Only few braches in urban centres
More and more branches in rural areas
Core banking mode of operation
10.Which of the following is considered as the financial capital of India?
None of the above