1. Name the Indian-American professor who with a diverse set of academic experience in the field of science and technology has been named as the dean of a leading US university recently.
a) Narayana Kocherlakota
b) Akhil Amar
c) Amartya Sen
d) Dr Kinshuk
e) Nitin Nohria
2. Which of the following organization is introducing Paperless SIP (Strategic Investment Plans) that would allow mutual fund investors to make transactions through various modes of payments?
3. Name the airline which has been named as the world's best airline in 2016 Skytrax World Airline Awards recently.
a) Air India
b) British Airways
c) Czech Airlines
d) China Southern Airlines
4. The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for Revised Cost Estimate (RCE) of Rs. 7290.62 crore for the ongoing 1020 MW Punatsangchhu-II Hydroelectric Project (HEP) in which of the following countries?
e) None of the above
5. Full service carrier Vistara and leading private sector lender _____________ entered into a partnership to launch co-branded premium credit cards recently.
a) ICICI Bank
b) HDFC Bank
c) Axis Bank
d) Bandhan Bank
e) Kotak Mahindra Bank
6. The Union Cabinet has approved the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) with an outlay of how much rupees to impart skill to one crore people over the next 4 years (2016-2020)?
a) Rs 62000 crore
b) Rs 42000 crore
c) Rs 12000 crore
d) Rs 22000 crore
e) Rs 32000 crore
7. Which of the following organisations has launched it's new initiative called the Food Safety Knowledge Assimilation Network, which will be a framework for scientific co-operation for food safety and nutrition recently?
a) Ministry of Food Processing Industries of India
b) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
c) Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC)
d) Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
e) Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
8. Tango has become the fastest train in the country by clocking a speed of 180 km/hr by covering 84 km in 38 minutes in a trial conducted by Railways on Mathura-Palwal route, surpassing the record of Gatimaan Express. Talgo made in which of the following countries?
9. The Reserve Bank of India has set up an inter-regulatory Working Group to study the entire gamut of regulatory issues relating to Financial Technology and Digital Banking in India. The Working Group is headed by...........?
a) Nitin Chugh
b) Mrutyunjay Mahapatra
c) AS Ramasastri
d) Sudarshan Sen
e) AP Hota
10. The Centre signed an agreement with which of the following international organization for a $100-million loan to improve drainage system and water management in the Vennar sub-basin of the Cauvery delta in Tamil Nadu recently?
a) World Bank