Directions (1-5): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions.
Eight friends, P, Q, R, S, T, V, W and Y are sitting around a square table in such a way that four of them sit at corners of the square while four sit in the middle of each of the four sides. The ones who sit at the four corners face the centre while those who sit in the middle of the sides face outside.
S sits third to the right of P, P faces the centre. Y is not an immediate neighbour of P or S.T sits third to the right of R. R does not sit in the middle of any of the sides and also R is not an immediate neighbour of Y. Only one person sits between P and V. Q is not an immediate neighbour of V.
1. If all the persons are made to sit in alphabetical order in clockwise direction, starting from P, the positions of how many (excluding P) will remain unchanged as compared to their original seating positions?
2. Which of the following is true regarding Y?
(a) T is not immediate neighbour of Y
(b) Y sits in the middle of one of the sides
(c) R sits second to left of Y
(d) P and V are immediate neighbours of Y
(e) None is true
3. Who amongst the following sits fourth to the left of V?
4. What is the position of Q with respect to R?
(a) Immediately to the left
(b) Second to the left
(c) Third to the left
(d) Third to the right
(e) Immediately to the right
5. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
Directions (6-10): Study the following information and answer the given questions:
P, Q, R, S, T, V, W and X are seated in a straight line facing North but not necessarily in the same order. P sits fourth to the right of X. Either P or X sit at the extreme ends of the line. Q and V are immediate neighbours of each other but none of them is an immediate neighbour of X and P. Only one person sits between V and S. Only two people sit between S and T. The seating arrangement is such that W never sits at any of the positions towards the left of Q. W is not an immediate neighbour of P.
6. What is the position of R with respect to X?
(a) Second to the left
(b) Immediate neighbour
(c) Second to right
(d) Third to right
(e) None of these
7. Which of the following represents persons seated at the two extreme ends of the line?
(b) P, V
(c) P, T
(d) X, Q
8. How many persons are seated between Q and X?
9. R is related to T and P. In the same way Q is related to V and S. Which of the following would X be related to following the same pattern?
(a) Q and W
(b) R and T
(c) W and T
(d) R and W
(e) S and W
10. Who amongst the following sits exactly in the middle of the persons, who sits sixth from the right and fifth from the left?