A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are the eight members in a family, they all are sitting around a rectangular table facing the centre for dinner. There is only one members sitting in each shorter side of the rectangle. B and C are in opposite side and facing diagonally each other. H is not infront of E, who is on the immediate left of G. H, who is facing F is sit second to the right of A. F is not in the shorter side of the table and cannot be an immediate neighbour of C. G should be on the shorter side.
1. Who is on the immediate right of G?
2. Who among the following is sitting between B and D?
3. What position of D with respect to H?
(a) Immediate left
(b) Second to the left
(c) Third to the left
(d) Immediate right
(e) Second to the right
4. Which among the following pair represents the immediate neighbour of A?
(a) C, H
(b) C, D
(c) F, D
(d) E, H
(e) B, F
5. Who among the following is exactly between C and E?
6. In a row of 40 students facing north direction Ramesh is sixth to the left of Ranjit. If Ranjit is 38th from left and then how far is Ramesh from right end?
7. How many such pairs of letters are there in the word EXPLANATION, each of which has as many letters between them in the word (in both forward and backward direction) as they have between them in the English alphabetical series?
(e) More than four
8. Each vowels of the word DECIMATE is changed to the next letter in the English alphabetical series and each consonant is changed to previous letter in the English alphabetical series. If the new alphabets thus formed are arranged in alphabetical order (from left to right) which of the following will be fifth from the right?
9. If A denotes 1, B denotes 2, C denotes 3, D denotes 1, E denotes 2, F denotes 3 and so on, then what will be the sum of the value of letters of word DRUB?
10. If '+' is denoted by '*', '–' is denoted by '#’, '×' is denoted by '@' and '÷' is denoted by '©', then what will be the value of expression?
5 @ 35*15@ 3 # 40 @ 20 © 5*16
(e) Other than given options