WTO (World Trade Organisation)
- Established as General Agreement on Tariffs and trade (GATT) in 1947
- Uruguay Round negotiations (1986 – 94) resulted in establishment of WTO
- India is a founding member of both GATT and WTO.
- WTO rules envisage non-discrimination in the form of National Treatment and most Favoured Nation (MFN) treatment to India’s exports in the markets of treatment to India’s exports and in the markets of other WTO Members.
- Disputes are filed under the Dispute settlement Mechanism (DSN) of WTO.