1. Immurement (N):- the state of being imprisoned.
Synonyms: captivity, imprisonment, incarceration.
Uses: He practiced the immurement of his enemies in the castle dungeon.
2. Abjure (V):- formally reject or disavow a formerly held belief, usually under pressure.
Synonyms: forswear, recant, resile, retract.
Uses: In order to marry the peasant he loved, the prince made the decision to abjure his title.
Trick: Abjure think it like injure. so once you are injured you will give up. so abjure means give up.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 27 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
3. Portend (V):- indicate by signs.
Synonyms: augur, auspicate, betoken, bode, forecast, foreshadow, foretell, omen, predict, prefigure, presage, prognosticate.
Uses: Even though I have low grades in school right now, I do not believe my report card will portend my success in life.
Trick: When we reached the port’s end (sea port) we saw some dead bodies, which gave a sign that something bad was going to happen.
4. Visage (N):- the appearance conveyed by a person’s face.
Synonyms: countenance, phiz, physiognomy, smiler.
Uses: After the blind sculptor touched her daughter’s face, she was able to perfectly create her child’s visage in clay.
Trick: VISion of AGE. How can you visualise someone’s age? By his/her face.
5. Vagabond (N):- a wanderer who has no established residence or visible means of support.
Synonyms: drifter, floater, vagrant.
Uses: One of our fervent readers Who is well known on BA as Solitary vagabond (pseudonym) but no one knows what is his actual name :))
Trick: This word can be thought as Vagabond = James Bond the spy, does not live at one permanent place and is always seen wandering all over the world.
6. Vendetta (N):- a feud in which members of the opposing parties murder each other.
Synonyms: blood feud.
Trick: Ven (when)- d (the)- etta (attack)….when they attack each other they are in vendetta.
7. venerable (Adj):- profoundly honored.
Synonyms: august, revered, most respected.
Uses: The Pope is a venerable leader who is recognized for his commitment to helping others.
Trick: Venerable politicians are vulnerable to attacks because they are savory.
8. Hackneyed (Adj):- repeated too often; overfamiliar through overuse.
Synonyms: banal, commonplace, old-hat, shopworn, stock, threadbare, timeworn, tired, trite, well-worn.
Uses: Too often used by young girls, the word “like” has become hackneyed.
Trick: when a software is hacked, it becomes hackneyed because then all people are able to use that program without paying for.
9. Scrupulous (Adj):- characterized by extreme care and great effort.
Synonyms: conscientious, painstaking.
Uses: less scrupulous producers sent bundles that were deceptive in appearance
Trick: It makes u think of sculpture and while building sculpture the worker has to be very careful.
10. Gregarious (Adj):- If you know someone who’s outgoing, sociable, and fond of the company of others, you might want to call her gregarious.
Uses: Gregarious people are likely to hang out with friends every weekend while reserved people keep to themselves.
Trick: Spread happiness, Kamali (Uff Miss Sahiba), and several ones (Sorry I am unable to recall more names but there is many one on BA) who are Gregarious girls :))