1. Spatial (Adj):- pertaining to or involving or having the nature of space.
Uses: the first dimension to concentrate on is the spatial one
2. Realm (N):- a domain in which something is dominant.
Synonyms: kingdom, land
Uses: the rise of the realm of cotton in the south.
Trick: realm (re + alm ) alm means king like almpanah in hindi (region of alm = kingdom)
This package Includes IBPS RRB Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
IBPS RRB Mains, IBPS CLERK, IBPS PO, LIC ASSISTANT, IBPS SO, IBPS PO Mains, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, Assistant, IBPS RRB PO Prelims etc.
Additionally you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques and more...
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 12 Months
- 6 Months
- 1 Month
- 3 Months
3. Expatriate (N):- a person who is voluntarily absent from home or country.
Synonyms: exile, expat
Uses: The poet was exiled because he signed a letter protesting the government’s actions.
Trick: read EXPATRIATE as EX-PATRIOT, now no more a patriot, as the person withdrew from his native land and settled somewhere else.
4. Adulterate (V):- corrupt, debase, or make impure by adding a foreign or inferior substance; often by replacing valuable ingredients with inferior ones.
Synonyms: debase, dilute, load, stretch.
Uses: If you want to adulterate your alcoholic drink, you should add some water to it.
TRick: Sharma ji hum thoda bewafa kya huye aap to Adulterate (Badchalan) hi ho gaye:)
5. Vanquish (V):- come out better in a competition, race, or conflict.
Synonyms: beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce
Uses: In the movies, the superheroes usually vanquish the villains.
Trick: sounds like vanish..by vanishing u can be better than anyone in a competition!!
6. Condescending (Adj):- The Latin prefix con- means “with,” and the Latin word for descend means “down,” so the word condescending probably developed to describe someone who looked down on others.
Synonyms: arch, patronising, patronizing
Uses: It’s usually intended to make people feel bad about not knowing or having something, and it very often works.
7. chicanery (N):- the use of tricks to deceive someone (usually to extract money from them).
Synonyms: chicane, guile, trickery, wile
Uses: You can smell the chicanery from a dishonest politician like Lalu And Mulayam.
Trick: chicanery sounds like shikari who uses means of deception to trick animals into his traps.
8. Abrade (V):- rub hard or scrub
Synonyms: abrase, corrade, rub down, rub off, scour
Uses: Soaps are also prepared in which large proportions of fine sharp sand, or of powdered pumice, are incorporated, and these substances, by their abrading action, powerfully assist the detergent influence of the soap on hands much begrimed by manufacturing operations.’
Trick: If you have VIM LIQUID then you don’t have to abrade much your oily pots :))
9. Retreat (N):- the act of withdrawing or going backward (especially to escape something hazardous or unpleasant)
Uses: the disorderly retreat of Pakistani troops in Kargil war.
TRick: retreat=suppose if someone asks for re(again) treat….you will avoid him.move back from from him ie withdraw
10. Propitiate (V):- to make pleased or less angry by giving or saying something desired.
Uses: After Tom Cruise forgot his wife’s birthday, he tried to propitiate the situation by purchasing her the pearl necklace she always wanted 🙂
Trick: If you forgot flowers on your Girl Friend’s birthday, you can still propitiate her by sending a bouquet the next day.