1. Which country hosted the first media summit of countries belonging to the Brazil-Russia-India-China-South Africa (BRICS) grouping?
2. India offered to provide technical assistance to which country’s army for “upgrading” its military requirements? Answer. Sri Lanka Army (SLA)
3. Which bollywood actor became a co-owner of the International Premier Tennis League (IPTL) team OUE Singapore Slammers?
Answer. Megastar Amitabh Bachchan
4. Justice Tirath Singh Thakur sworn in as 43rd Chief Justice of India by President Pranab Mukherjee at function in Rashtrapati Bhavan. He replaced ?
Answer. Justice H L Dattu
5. Amid scaled-up rescue and relief operations to bring a rain-devastated Chennai, Prime Minister Narendra Modi undertook an aerial survey of the affected regions & announced an additional relief package to Chennai of how much amount?
Answer. Rs. 1,000-crore
6. Name the CM of Tamil Nadu?
7. Already struggling with weak popularity over Brazil’s economic ills and a political corruption scandal, the country’s President now may have to fight an impeachment effort which is launched by a political foe who heads Congress’ lower house. Name the President of Brazil.
Answer. Dilma Rousseff
8. Which country’s warplanes carried out airstrikes in Syria after its Parliament voted to authorize air attacks against Islamic State group?
9. The Reserve Bank of India Bank is set to intensify its scrutiny of banks’ financial accounts during the annual financial inspection process as the banking regulator races to achieve the goal of cleaning up bank balance sheets by which year?
Answer. March 2017
10. Name the multi-faceted personality, who was often referred to as the Bard of racing who died recently?