1. The Ministry of Defence has approved the induction of women into the fighter (combat) stream of which defence force of India?
2. The Police in the Maldives arrested the country’s Vice President in connection with an explosion aboard the president’s boat last month. Name the Vice President.
Answer. Ahmed Adeeb
Answer. Ahmed Adeeb
3. Hurricane Patricia roared ashore in which country that brought lashing rains, surging seas and cyclonic winds hours?
4. Which country launched a nearly 10,000 km-long freight-train service, connecting its central Hubei Province with the Russian capital Moscow?
5. A Special Investigation Team has been formed to probe the death of a 15-year-old Dalit youth in Gohana. Who is heading the SIT?
Answer. Amit Bhatia
6. India and with which country said that the two partners are aligned on the outstanding issues at the World Trade Organisation (WTO) and are in favour of multilateral trading systems?
7. What is the name of the new holding company for Google?
Answer. The Alphabet Inc.
8. Paytm, leading mobile payment and e-commerce platform, has tied up with which bank to offer mobile wallet top up facility through bank ATMs?
Answer. Bank of Maharashtra
9. Where is the 11th Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology’s Banking Technology Excellence awards presented?
10. According to the report by Bank of America Merill Lynch, India is set to grow at how much percent in the current financial year?
Answer. 7.4 per cent
11. How much is the Country’s foreign exchange reserves as on 16th October 2015?
Answer. $353.527 billion
Note: It is increased by $458 million on account of rise in foreign currency assets.
12. The CVC has asked RBI and Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) to red flag multiple transactions of smaller amounts from a single account and ensure compliance of KYC norms to check fraudulent forex transactions even if the amount is less than how many dollars?
Answer. One lakh dollars
Note: At present, an alert is generated only when foreign exchange (forex) remittance is over one lakh dollars.
13. Online entertainment platform Eros Now said it has tied up with which multi-system operator (MSO) cable and broadband service provider for a subscription-based movie streaming service?
Answer. Ortel Communications
Note: This service will be called Ortel Broadband Movies.
For all Hindu Quizzes on October 2015, Click Here