Appointments and Resignations News 8th June to 14th June 2020
- President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed senior Kashmiri lawyer Javed Iqbal Wani as a Judge of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court.
- Rahul Shrivastava has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Romania.
- Monika Kapil Mohta has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Switzerland.
- Sibi George has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the State of Kuwait.
Appointments and Resignations News 1st June to 7th June 2020
- The appointment of Arun Singhal as Chief Executive Officer of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has been approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet. He will replace GSG Ayyangar as the CEO of the food regulator.
- Anita Kotwani has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of Carat India, a media agency owned by Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN). She was earlier serving as the senior vice president, new business and client lead, for The Walt Disney business at Mindshare India.
- J&K cadre IAS, Pradip Kumar Tripathi, has taken over as Secretary, Ministry of Steel, Govt. of India.
- Raveesh Kumar has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Finland. He is presently serving as the Joint Secretary in the Ministry. He is an IFS officer of 1995 batch.
- Sibi George has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the State of Kuwait. He was presently serving as the Ambassador of India to Switzerland. He is an IFS officer of 1993 batch.
- Gaitri I. Kumar has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the United Kingdom.
- Sushil Kumar Singhal has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Independent State of Papua New Guinea. He is presently serving as the Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs.
- National Fertilizers Limited (NFL) Marketing Director, Virendra Nath Datt has taken additional charge of Chairman & Managing Director of the Company. He will replace Manoj Mishra.
- Emmy-winning television producer, Krishnendu Majumdar becomes the new chairman of British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA). He will replace Pippa Harris.
- Twitter has appointed ex-Google chief financial officer (CFO), Patrick Pichette as new board chairman. He will replace Omid Kordestani.
- MD & CEO, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Uday Kotak has taken over as the President of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for the year 2020-21. He has replaced the chairman and MD of Kirloskar Systems, Vikram Kirloskar as the President of CII.
- The tenure of Subramanian Sundar as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Lakshmi Vilas Bank has been extended after the approval from the Reserve Bank of India. His tenure has been extended for a period of 6 months i.e. till 30th November 2020 or till the appointment of the new CEO, whichever is earlier.
- Senior bureaucrat Rajeev Topno has been appointed as the Senior Advisor to the Executive Director (ED) of World Bank, in Washington DC.
- India has appointed Brajendra Navnit as India’s new ambassador to the World Trade Organization (WTO).
Appointments and Resignations News 25th May to 31st May 2020
- Leo Puri has been announced to become the new Chairman of JP Morgan South Asia and South East Asia. He will replace Kalpana Morparia.
- Murali Maiya will become the new CEO of JP Morgan South and South East Asia.
Appointments and Resignations News 18th May to 24th May 2020
- Senior vice president of HDFC Bank, Zubair Iqbal has appointed as new managing director of Jammu and Kashmir Bank by Jammu and Kashmir Government. Iqbal will have a three-year tenure.
- Alibaba co-founder Jack Ma will be resigning from SoftBank board of directors. Jack Ma serving for nearly 13 years in the board. Ma is expected to resign from the Group’s board on June 25.
- Indian Steel Association (ISA) has appointed Dilip Oommen as its new President. He is presently the CEO of Arcelor Mittal Nippon Steel India. He was unanimously appointed as President for the next two years. He will replace Tata Steel CEO TV Narendran, who stepped down as President on May 1.
- The Appointments Committee of the Union Cabinet has appointed Govinda Rajulu Chintala as the Chairman of National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
- World Bank Group has appointed Carmen Reinhart as its new Vice President and Chief Economist. Her appointment will be effective from June 15, 2020. She was a Senior Policy Advisor and Deputy Director at the IMF and Vice President and Chief Economist of the investment bank Bear Stearns.
Appointments and Resignations News 11th May to 17th May 2020
- The Director General of the World Trade Organization, Roberto Azevedo has decided to step down from his post on 31st August 2020 .
- Indian boxer Akhil Kumar has been re-inducted into the Disciplinary Panel of National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA).
Appointments and Resignations News- 13th April to 19th April 2020
- Karnataka Bank has received Reserve Bank of India nod for reappointment of Mahabaleshwara M S as MD and CEO for next 3 years.
- Chairman and managing director of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, K. Purwar have been given the additional charge as CMD of Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL).
- World Wide Fund (WWF) India has appointed World chess champion Viswanathan Anand as its ambassador for the environmental education programme.
- Paytm has appointed Vineet Arora as new managing director and chief executive officer of Paytm General Insurance Ltd.
- Ajay Mahajan has been appointed as Managing Director & Chief Executive of credit rating agency “CARE Ratings”.
- Birupaksha Mishra becomes new Executive Director of Union Bank of India, after its amalgamation with Corporation Bank and Andhra Bank.
|Current Affairs Quiz||Daily GK Updates||Current Affairs One-Liners||Coronavirus Updates|
Appointments and Resignations News- 6th April to 12th April 2020
- The term of Madhabi Puri Buch as a Whole Time Member (WTM) at Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has been extended by 6 months.
- Infosys’ chief operating officer, UB Pravin Rao becomes the new chairman of the National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom), for 2020-21. He will succeed Keshav Murugesh, Group CEO, WNS Global Services.
- The tenure of Justice Shiva Kirti Singh, as the incumbent Chairman of the Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) has been extended by the Supreme Court of India.
- A Life Insurance company, Bharti AXA Life Insurance has appointed Parag Raja as managing director and chief executive officer of the company.
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance has appointed Anamika Roy Rashtrawar as the new Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of the company
Appointments and Resignations News- 30th March to 5th April 2020
- Lakshminarayanan Duraiswamy has become the new Managing Director of the Sundaram Home Finance.
- The Centre has extended the tenure of Reserve Bank Deputy Governor BP Kanungo by a year with effect from April 3, 2020.