Defence News- 8th June to 14th June 2020
- Deep Submergence Rescue Vehicle (DSRV) Complex was inaugurated at Eastern Naval Command (ENC) in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- Indian Air Force has indigenously designed, developed and manufactured an Airborne Rescue Pod for Isolated Transportation (ARPIT) for the evacuation of critical patients with infectious diseases, from high altitude area, isolated and remote areas.
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd (GRSE) has delivered ICGS Kanaklata Barua, the fifth and last boat in the series of Fast Patrol Vessels (FPV) for the Indian Coast Guard.
Defence News- 25th May to 31st May 2020
- Tejas Mk-1 FOC aircraft has been inducted by the Indian Air Force (IAF) into the recently resurrected No 18 Squadron the “Flying Bullets” at Air Force Station Sulur.
- The Army Commanders’ Conference commenced in New Delhi to brainstorm on current emerging security as well as administrative challenges, and will also find out the future course for Indian Army.
- The foundation stone for a missile park “Agneeprastha” was laid at INS Kalinga, Naval base in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
Defence News- 18th May to 24th May 2020
- A Defence Testing Infrastructure Scheme (DTIS) has been approved by the Defence Minister Rajnath Singh. The scheme with an outlay of Rs 400 crore, has been approved to offer private sector defence and aerospace companies affordable facilities to test as well as validate the weaponry designed by them.
- Landing Craft Utility Ship ‘INLCU L57’ commissioned into Indian Navy in Port Blair. This warship was built by the Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited (GRSE). The “INLCU L57” is the seventh LCU Mark IV class warship.
Defence News- 4th May to 10th May 2020
- Lieutenant General Raj Shukla assumed command of the Army Training Command (ARTRAC). General Shukla was commissioned into the Regiment of Artillery in December 1982.
- An operation named “Samudra Setu” has been launched by the Indian Navy. “Samudra Setu” means “Sea Bridge”. This operation is a part of India’s effort to bring back Indian citizens who are stranded overseas amid COVID-19 pandemic.
|GA Bag For SBI Clerk Mains 2020||List of Indian States and UTs in Terms of GDP||New Seven Wonders of the World||SBI Careers: SBI Recruitment 2020, Notification,|
Defence News- 27th April to 3rd May 2020
- Australia has cancelled “Pitch Black 2020” premier multilateral air combat training exercise between India and Australia.
Defence News- 20th April to 26th April 2020
- The Indian Navy’s Naval Aircraft Yard (Kochi) has formed “Air Evacuation Pod (AEP)” for the safe evacuation of COVID-19 patients from remote areas. The pod is made up of aluminium, nitrile rubber and perspex.
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has launched an e-office application named ‘e-karyalay’. This application helps to enables the movement of files and documents of CISF without physical touch. This has been done to prevent coronavirus infection due to frequent touching of files by many persons.
Defence News- 13th April to 19th April 2020
- United States has approved the sale of Harpoon air-launched anti-ship missiles and Mark 54 lightweight torpedoes to India to enhance India’s deterrent capabilities against “regional threats” and also to strengthen its homeland defence.
|Current Affairs Quiz||Daily GK Updates||Current Affairs One-Liners||Coronavirus Updates|
Defence News- 30th March to 5th April 2020
- Indian Navy’s Naval Dockyard in Mumbai has designed and developed its own handheld infrared-based temperature sensor gun for the screening of personnel in a bid to limit the spread of COVID-19.