Miscellaneous News- 8th June to 14th June 2020
- IIT Guwahati has developed an application called “Flyzy” for consistent and contactless air travel during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) has developed “ANANYA” water-based disinfectant spray with nanotechnology assisted formulation.
- India’s Non-Banking Finance Company, India Infoline Finance Limited (IIFL) has signed Rohit Sharma as its first-ever brand ambassador.
- Tamil Nadu girl, M Nethra has been appointed as the ‘Goodwill Ambassador for the Poor’ by the United Nations Association for Development and Peace (UNADAP).
Miscellaneous News- 1st June to 7th June 2020
- A Video Blogging Contest titled “My Life My Yoga” (also called “Jeevan Yoga”) has been launched by the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The contest was launched by PM Modi during the course of his monthly Mann Ki Baat address to the nation.
- The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has warned that the cyclonic storm Nisarga, which has turned into a depression in the Arabian Sea, will hit Maharashtra and Gujarat on June 3. At the moment, the storm is brewing in the Arabian sea near Lakshadweep.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has launched a mobile application “Delhi Corona”. The mobile application will provide information to the people of Delhi about the availability of the beds and ventilators in government as well as private hospitals in Delhi. Hence, the mobile application “Delhi Corona” will enable people to check hospital-wise beds and ventilators available for COVID-19 patients.
- Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor, Girish Chandra Murmu has launched a salary tracker mobile app MeraVetan (Version-1) for government employees. The newly launched application is aimed to provide Salary Related information to Employees.
- The information booklet titled “Safe online learning in the times of COVID-19” has been launched by the Union Minister for Human Resource Development, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank. The booklet has been developed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) and UNESCO New Delhi Office to raise awareness of students and teachers on staying safe online.
Miscellaneous News- 25th May to 31st May 2020
- The name of Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology (CIPET) has been changed to Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering & Technology (CIPET).
- IIT Madras along with the University of North Texas and United States Army lab, have developed a magnesium alloy to replace the steel and aluminium in the automobile industry to reduce the carbon footprint and increase fuel efficiency.
- A calling application named as “CatchUp” has been launched by the social media major Facebook.
- National Gallery of Modern Art organised a virtual tour to commemorate the 115th Birth Anniversary of iconic artist Ramkinkar Baij.
Miscellaneous News- 18th May to 24th May 2020
- India Post has released a Special Postal Cover dedicated to the migrant workers with an objective of paying tribute to them. Five migrant workers were called upon from different sectors to release the Special Postal Cover which was released during an event at the Bicentennial Hall of the historic Mumbai GPO building.
- The Union Territory, Ladakh has become corona virus free as the region have not reported any fresh case since 3rd May 2020.
- South Central Railway zone has developed a robotic device, “RAIL-BOT” (R-BOT) to assist in the functions of hospital management to provide better health care to the COVID patients.
- Cyclone Amphan intensified into a super cyclone with wind speed above 200 kmph moved further North-Northeastwards over West Central Bay. Amphan is the first super cyclone to hit the region in the last two decades since a super cyclone-hit Odisha in 1999 causing widespread damage and loss of life.
- Legendary singer Lata Mangeskar has sung a song titled as JAYTU BHARATAM saluting the spirit of Atma Nirbhar Bharat. She has dedicated the song to people of India and Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Department of Information and Public Relations, J&K has started an initiative “SUKOON – COVID-19 Beat the Stress” This initiative spread awareness about the psychological impact of lockdown and measures to be adopted to overcome them.
Miscellaneous News- 4th May to 10th May 2020
- Kashmir saffron gets Geographical Indication (GI) tag by the Geographical Indications Registry. The spice is grown in some regions of Kashmir, including Srinagar, Pulwama, Budgam and Kishtwar.
- Facebook has launched a home-to-home fundraiser concert, ‘I For India’. Facebook has collaborated with some of the biggest stars in India and Bollywood for this.
- National Gallery of Modern Art, New Delhi has presented a virtual program “NGMA KE SANGRAH SE“. For the current week, the theme of the virtual program is “ARTIST BY ARTISTS” and dedicated it to Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore as it coincides with his 159th birth anniversary on 7th May 2020. During the program “NGMA KE SANGRAH SE”, NGMA will display the rarely seen jewels from its repository.
- The National Gallery of Modern Art has organised a virtual tour to commemorate the 159th birth anniversary of Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore. The Virtual Tour has been titled as “Gurudev: Journey of the Maestro through his visual vocabulary”. The virtual tour will give opportunity to have a glimpse of 102 artworks created by versatile genius.
- The United Nations Environment Programme(UNEP) extended the term of Bollywood actress and environmentalist Dia Mirza as the Goodwill Ambassador of India till 2022. The actress is also the United Nations Sustainability Development Goal Advocate. As a Goodwill Ambassador, Mirza will continue work with the UN to further spread the message on key areas including clean air, clean seas, wildlife protection and climate change.
- The Indian Meteorological Department has begun to include Jammu and Kashmir, Gilgit-Baltistan, Ladakh and Muzaffarabad into its meteorological sub-division of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Former Sri Lanka skipper Kumar Sangakkara is set to serve his second term as the president of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC). He became the first non-British President of the club when he assumed office on October 1 last year. Sangakkara is all set to enter an elite list of people who have served multiple terms.
|GA Bag For SBI Clerk Mains 2020||List of Indian States and UTs in Terms of GDP||New Seven Wonders of the World||SBI Careers: SBI Recruitment 2020, Notification,|
Miscellaneous News- 27th April to 3rd May 2020
- IIT Delhi team has developed a web-based COVID-19 dashboard “PRACRITI (PRediction and Assessment of CoRona Infections and Transmission in India)” that gives detailed state-wise and district-wise predictions of COVID-19 cases in India.
- Maruti Suzuki has developed low-cost ventilators for helping the government in the fight against COVID-19.
- Black rice of Manipur, also called the Chak-Hao, Gorakhpur Terracotta of Uttar Pradesh and Kadalai Mittai of Kovilpatti, Tamil Nadu bagged Geographical Indication tag.
- India’s epic mythological saga of the 1980s, ‘Ramayan’ has created the world record of Highest Viewed Entertainment Programme Globally.
- A joint programme was organised in New Delhi by the All India Institute of Ayurveda, under Ministry of AYUSH, and Delhi Police, with a title AYURAKSHA “Corona Se Jung: Delhi Police Ke Sang”.
Miscellaneous News- 20th April to 26th April 2020
- Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has created a video to promote wearing masks in public places and help the country to fight against COVID-19 pandemic. The ‘Team Mask Force’ has shot a video message and featured Virat Kohli, Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Smriti Mandhana, Rohit Sharma, Harbhajan Singh, Harmanpreet Kaur, Virender Sehwag, Rahul Dravid and Mithali Raj, all of them speaking about the importance of wearing masks.
- Social media platform, Facebook has announced to launch a third party fact checking system in Facebook has partnered with an Indian fact checking website “Boom” for a third party fact checking system in Bangladesh.
- “Covid FYI” is a one-stop digital directory containing information of all COVID-19 related services and helplines released by official sources. This platform has been made by an international team of 16 members led by Simran Soni, a student of Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode.
- The Pune Municipal Corporation has developed a mobile application named “Saiyam”. This application has been developed to effectively track the home-quarantine citizens and to ensure they stay in the home.
- In the wake of growing demand for sanitizers amid COVID-19 outbreak, the National Botanical Research Institute (NBRI) has created an alcohol-based herbal sanitizer.
- Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has launched a campaign “#MyBookMyFriend“. The campaign “#MyBookMyFriend” has been launched on social media on the occasion of World Book Day.
- National Book Trust, India and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) has organized a WEBINAR on Post-COVID Publishing Scenario in New Delhi. This webinar was organized on the occasion of WORLD BOOK & COPYRIGHT DAY and featured the participation of Union Minister of HRD Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’.
Miscellaneous News- 13th April to 19th April 2020
- Google has launched ‘Nearby Spot’ under “Google Pay” to assist users to find local stores selling essentials like groceries that are open, amid the lockdown.
- Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog and National Informatics Centre have jointly launched Collaborative CAD Software (CollabCAD) to provide a total engineering solution from 2D drafting & detailing to 3D product design.
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission has developed a double layered Khadi mask in order to curb the spread of COVID-19.
- 10 lakhs Compensation has been decided for all Postal employees including Gramin Dak Sevaks succumbing to the disease while brought on duty.
- Delhi Government has launched ‘Assess Koro Na’ mobile application and has also advised the officials to use the new ‘Assess Koro Na’ app to do door-to-door survey in COVID-19 containment zones.
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has launched a mobile application “Kisan Rath” to facilitate transportation of foodgrains and perishables during lockdown.
- The Pusa Decontamination and Sanitizing Tunnel has been inaugurated by the Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Framers’ Welfare, Shri Kailash Choudhary.
- Kerala has become the 1st state of India to start clinical trial of plasma therapy for COVID-19 treatment.
- An initiative “CovidGyan” has been launched by Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Indian Institute of Science, and Tata Memorial Centre. It will bring the scientific and factual aspects of COVID-19 pandemic outbreak on to public domain.
- India’s Public service broadcaster Prasar Bharti has rolled out a new channel called DD Retro, specifically dedicated to old classics of Doordarshan.
|Current Affairs Quiz||Daily GK Updates||Current Affairs One-Liners||Coronavirus Updates|
Miscellaneous News- 6th April to 12th April 2020
- The Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has launched a 5T plan to contain the COVID-19 pandemic in the national capital. According to the Delhi governemt, the 5T plan consists of 5 pillars namely: testing, tracing, treatment, teamwork and tracking.
- 4-year-old female Malayan tiger “Nadia” has tested positive for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) at the Bronx Zoo, New York. The test result was confirmed by the National Veterinary Services Laboratory in Iowa, US.
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development has launched a campaign titled ‘Bharat Padhe Online’. The campaign has been launched for Crowd Sourcing of Ideas in order to improve the online education ecosystem of India.
Miscellaneous News- 30th March to 5th April 2020
- All India Council for Technical Education has launched “MHRD AICTE COVID-19 Student Helpline Portal“ to address the issues faced by students due to closure of colleges and hostels amid national lockdown due to COVID-19 outbreak.
- Online Hackathon “Hack the Crisis-India” has been launched to find the working solutions to overcome the COVID 19 pandemic.
- IBM has introduced an Artificial Intelligence platform ‘Watson Assistant for Citizens’ in India free of cost to address COVID–19 queries.
- Guinness World Records has officially confirmed Bob Weighton, from the United Kingdom, as the oldest person living (male) at 112 Years and 1 day as of 30 March 2020.
- PhonePe has partnered with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance to launch a unique coronavirus hospitalisation insurance policy called “Corona Care”.
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has launched a dedicated Twitter handle for authentic COVID-19 updates. The account is named as #IndiaFightsCorona and it uses the handle @CovidnewsbyMIB.