Science and Technology News- 8th June to 14th June 2020
- Used mask disposal device based on Internet of Things (IoT) “BIN-19” and UV light-based multipurpose disinfector “UV SPOT” has been launched in Kerala by VST Mobility Solutions.
- A robot named as ‘Coro-bot’ has been developed by an engineer Pratik Tirodkar from Thane district of Maharashtra, in order to reduce the physical contact of care-givers with COVID-19 patients.
- UVC-based Cabinet has been co-developed by the International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI) and the MEKINS Industries. It will disinfect non-critical hospital items, laboratory wear, and PPEs in order to prevent surface contamination of COVID 19.
- Magnetocaloric material, a rare-earth-based material that can be effectively used for cancer treatment, has been developed by scientists at the International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI). It will also reduce the treatment time of cancer tumours.
- ISRO has signed an agreement with Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES) for cooperation in the field of Space Situational Awareness (SSA) and Astrophysics.
Science and Technology News- 1st June to 7th June 2020
- NASA astronauts Robrt Behnken and Douglas Hurley docked the SpaceX capsule with the International Space Station(ISS). SpaceX’s Falcon 9 with Crew Dragon capsule – Endeavour launched from Pad 39A at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral, Florida. Now SpaceX became the first private company to fly astronauts into orbit.
- A disinfection unit named as “Ultra Swachh” has been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). It has been developed to disinfect a wide range of materials such as electronics items, fabrics, Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) etc.
Science and Technology News- 25th May to 31st May 2020
- NASA has renamed its next-generation space telescope “Wide-Field Infrared Survey Telescope (WFIRST)”, which is set to launch in 2025, in honour of Nancy Grace Roman.
Science and Technology News- 18th May to 24th May 2020
- International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI) and Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute of Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Thiruvananthapuram have jointly developed new generation Iron-Manganese based alloys for biodegradable metal implants for use in humans.
Science and Technology News- 4th May to 10th May 2020
- 17-year-old, Indian-origin girl, Vaneeza Rupani has been honoured of naming the NASA’s 1st Mars helicopter ‘Ingenuity’. she submitted her essay into NASA’s “Name the Rover” contest.
- An Ultra Violet (UV) Disinfection Tower has been developed by the Laser Science & Technology Centre (LASTEC), a premier laboratory of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). The UV Disinfection Tower has been developed to achieve rapid and chemical free disinfection of high infection prone areas.
- A defence public sector undertaking, Bharat Dynamics Ltd. (BDL), ink pact with IIT Kanpur to make large-scale ventilators developed by NOCCA Robotics (incubated start-up of IIT Kanpur).
|GA Bag For SBI Clerk Mains 2020||List of Indian States and UTs in Terms of GDP||New Seven Wonders of the World||SBI Careers: SBI Recruitment 2020, Notification,|
Science and Technology News- 27th April to 3rd May 2020
- Scientists from Jawaharlal Nehru Centre For Advanced Scientific Research has developed “Berberine” based Alzheimer inhibitor. Scientists modified berberine to “Ber-D” which is a soluble (aqueous) and acts as antioxidant.
- A low-cost robotic device named as “Hospital Care Assistive Robotic Device (H-CARD)” has been developed by CSIR-Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute. It will be used in the collection of samples of people exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, and will also be useful in treating COVID-19 patients.
- Scientists who have been observing the ozone hole at Copernicus’ Atmospheric Monitoring Service has announced that the Ozone layer hole is now closed in the North Pole.
- A low-cost mechanical ventilator “Ruhdaar” has been developed by team of engineering students from IIT Bombay, NIT Srinagar and Islamic University of Science & Technology, Jammu and Kashmir.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Hubble Space Telescope, has completed 30th year in orbit on 25 April 2020.
- Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Kerala has developed an AI Semantic search engine called ‘Vilokana’ to enable researchers to get deeper insights into scientific studies, especially when they need to find an early solution to the COVID-19 crisis.
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, CSIR’s Scientific Instruments Organisation, Chandigarh has developed an Electrostatic Disinfection Machine which is effective in the disinfection and sanitization by reducing the spread of coronavirus and pathogens.
- A microwave steriliser named as “ATULYA” has been developed by the Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune to disintegrate the COVID-19 virus with the help of differential heating in the range of 56 degree to 60 degree Celsius temperatures.
Science and Technology News- 20th April to 26th April 2020
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar (Punjab) has developed & designed a ‘WardBot’ to deliver medicines and food to COVID-19 patients in isolation wards without human intervention.
- For the rapid detection of pathogens, a device named “bug sniffer” has been developed by the researchers at the Agharkar Research Institute (ARI), Pune.
- A low-cost electro-catalyst has been developed with “Fish gills” by the scientists at the Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST), an autonomous institute under the Department of Science and Technology.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mandi, Himachal Pradesh has developed a high-speed magnetic Random Access Memory (RAM). This Magnetic Random Access Memory (RAM), is faster, energy-efficient and stores more data in a smaller volume as compared to existing data storage technologies.
- Scientists from International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI) has developed an advanced tool “NanoBlitz 3D” in collaboration with Nanomechanics Inc., USA. NanoBlitz 3D can be used for the mapping of nano-mechanical properties of materials such as multi-phase alloys, composites, and multi-layered coatings.
- Raksha Mantri, Rajnath Singh has launched India’s 1st COVID-19 sample collection mobile Lab through video conference. India’s 1st COVID-19 sample collection mobile Lab launched has been named as “Mobile BSL-3 VRDL Lab”.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has announced that they will launch astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley to International Space Station (ISS) on May 27, 2020. A SpaceX rocket will carry two astronauts to the International Space Station (ISS) in Crew Dragon spacecraft.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has developed a high-pressure ventilator called VITAL (Ventilator Intervention Technology Accessible Locally) to treat COVID-19 patients.
Science and Technology News– 13th April to 19th April 2020
- DRDO has rolled out new products namely “Automatic Mist Based Sanitiser Dispensing Unit” and “UV Sanitisation Box and Hand-held UV device” to enable COVID-19 disinfection process.
- A compact and portable solid-state sensor has been developed by the Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences (CeNS) to detect the heavy metal ions in water.
- Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, has rolled out an Integrated Geospatial Platform known as “SAHYOG” to help in decision making during the present COVID–19 outbreak and support with area-specific strategies in order to handle the socio-economic impact in the recovery phase.
- “COVSACK” is a kiosk developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation to make the process of collecting COVID-19 samples free of infection spread and to help in combating the COVID-19.
- IIT-Bombay has developed a digital stethoscope called “AyuSynk” to check patients who are infected with COVID-19.
- Google and Apple collaborates to fight against COVID–19 via contact tracing technology, enabling the use of Bluetooth technology to help governments and health agencies reduce the spread of the Corona Virus.
- CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories has developed Personal Protective Coverall Suit in association with MAF Clothing Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru. The polyproplylene spun laminated multi-layered non-woven fabric based suit has been developed for the front line health workers in order to fight against COVID-19.
|Current Affairs Quiz||Daily GK Updates||Current Affairs One-Liners||Coronavirus Updates|
Science and Technology News– 6th April to 12th April 2020
- Genrich Membranes has developed a ‘Membrane Oxygenator Equipment‘ for the treatment of COVID-19 patients. The device has been developed to treat breathlessness which is one of the critical symptoms of COVID-19. The ‘Membrane Oxygenator Equipment’ is based on innovative & indigenous hollow-fiber membrane technology and can enrich oxygen in the air up to 35%.
- NASA unveils plan to setup Artemis, the first human base camp on Moon’s south pole by 2024. NASA is working on the Artemis program that aims to land humans on the moon by 2024.
- Google has announced the launch of a virtual Braille keyboard for Android users with low vision or blindness. This new keyboard will enable these people to type on their phones without additional hardware.
- The scientists of Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST) have designed and developed an highly efficient superabsorbent material titled “Chitra Acrylosorb Secretion Solidification System”.
Science and Technology News– 30th March to 5th April 2020
- Bio suit named as “Personal Protective Equipment” has been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) to keep the medical, paramedical and other personnel engaged in combating COVID-19 safe from the deadly virus.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has selected mission “Sun Radio Interferometer Space Experiment (SunRISE)” to look into how the Sun generates and releases solar particle storms into planetary space.
- Amidst the rising cases of COVID-19 in India, IIT Kanpur has started developing portable ventilators which will be significantly cheaper than the ones available in the market.
- A team of Indian IIT Guwahati has developed a drone with “automated sprayer” to sanitise large areas such as roads, parks and footpaths in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- A team at IIT Bombay has developed a mobile app named ‘CORONTINE’ which aims to help the authorities in tracking the asymptomatic carriers and prevent the spread of the COVID-19 disease.
- Apple has launched a new dedicated app “COVID-19” for users across the US to provide accurate and credible information about the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A new space capsule from SpaceX has been picked up by NASA to ferry cargo and supplies to the agency’s planned lunar space station. SpaceX will use its biggest rocket, Falcon Heavy to send spacecraft named as “Dragon XL” to the Lunar Gateway.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 3 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 3 Months
Note: This package is not a part of Double Validity Offer
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 12 Months
- 24 Months
- 1 Month
- 3 Months