2. Environmental Sustainable Index (ESI) 2011 which was released yesterday has appraised five Northeastern states (Tripura, Sikkim, Manipur, Mijoram, Arunachal Pradesh) and Himachal Pradesh as the most environmentally sustainable states in the country.
NOTE:- The index was released by Centre for Development Finance (CDF), affiliated to Institute for Financial Management and Research.
3. Maruti Suzuki India Ltd announced to get into a merger with Suzuki Powertrain India Ltd .
NOTE:- This initiative will help them prepare and meet the increasing demand for diesel vehicles.
4. Sikkim government decided to scrap four hydel projects on tributaries of the Teesta in North Sikkim.
NOTE:- The hydel projects scrapped were the 99-MW Bop hydro-electric project (HEP), 99-MW Bhimkyong HEP and the 99-MW Lachung HEP on the Lachung Chu and the 280-MW Teesta Stage-I HEP at Lachen.
5. Karnataka Chief Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda informed Medium and Small-Scale Industrialists that a Government Order had been issued to release Rs. 160 crore subsidy and that the sum would be paid to them on seniority.
6. Gold today hit a new high at Rs 30,570 while silver falls by Rs 970 to Rs. 54,730 per kg.
7. Global financial services firm Moody’s today said Indian economy is facing stagflation, where growth is slow and inflation high, and cautioned that the Reserve Bank cannot be too aggressive in cutting interest rates.
8. Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee was chosen by the ruling UPA Govt. as its candidate for the President’s post today, ending months of speculation.
9. Rajat Gupta, one of the most successful Indian Americans on the Wall Street, was today found guilty of Insider trading for passing confidential market information to Galleon hedge fund founder.
10. Scientists have identified a genetic link between Alzheimer’s disease and diabetes.
11. National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom) said it maintained its growth projection of 11-14 per cent for the current financial year.
12. Providing a welcome relief to the software industry as promised by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee last week, the government freed the information technology sector from the complex multi-level system of TDS (tax deduction at source) with effect from July 1.
13. Ahead of the monetary review of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on State Bank of India (SBI), reduced its lending rates between 0.5 percentage point to 3.5 percentage points mainly for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and the agriculture sector.
14. The 726-MW gas-based Palatana project of ONGC-Tripura Power Corporation (OTPC) is set to be commissioned by this month-end.
15. India supports Istanbul Process to resolve Afghan crisis; Says process should be Afghan owned.
16. Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, OPEC has decided to maintain the ceiling of 30 million barrels oil production per day for the member nations. At a meeting in Vienna yesterday, the 12 nation group agreed not to increase the oil production as demanded by some members. OPEC is already producing around 31.8 million barrels per day with increased output from Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Libya.
17. Andhra Pradesh, Y.S.R.Congress wins 8 Assembly seats and leading in 4 seats.
18. Saina Nehwal and P. Kashyap play their respective quarterfinal matches in the Indonesian Open Badminton tournament in Jakarta today.
19. Uttar Pradesh, Government has made an elaborate action plan to curb Japanese Encephalitis and Acute Encephalitis Syndrome, AES that are prevailing in the eastern part of the state for the past 34 years. Japanese Encephalitis occurs due to mosquito bites while AES is caused by the viruses present in contaminated water.
20. Centre has sanctioned an amount of Rs525 crore for sanitation and providing safe drinking water in 60 encephalitis affected districts of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal and Assam.
21. The Indian duo of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna has stormed into the Men’s Doubles quarterfinals of the AEGON Tennis Championship, taking place in London.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 27 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month