Directions (1-5): Read each sentence to find out whether, there is any grammatical error or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any).
1. Sugar-sweetened drinks does not (1)/ pose any particular health risk, and (2)/ are not a unique risk fact for (3)/ for obesity or heart disease. (4)/ No error. (5)
2. Airline managements should note (1)/ that the ultimate passenger unfriendliness (2)/ is to have their planes crash (3)/ due to the adopted of unsafe procedures. (4)/ No error. (5)
3. Celebrating its ten long years (1)/ in the industry, a private entertainment channel (2)/ announce a series of (3) /programmes at a press conference (4)./ No error. (5)
4. The award ceremony ended (1)/ on a note of good cheer (2)/ with audiences responding warmly (3)/ to its line up of films (4)./ No error. (5)
5. The actress was ordered for (1)/ wear an alcohol monitoring bracelet and (2)/ submit to random weekly drug testing after (3)/ she failed to appear for a court date last week (4)./ No error. (5)
Directions (6-10): Rearrange the following sentences (A), (B), (C), (D) (E) and (F) to make a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions which follow.
(A) However while reading they would not know when to pause and what to emphasize.
(B) Since then their use has been regularized and the punctuation rules have been followed by all.
(C) In earlier days, people learnt by reading out loud.
(D) But not everybody used the same punctuations for the same thing.
(E) To address this problem, various signs depicting various punctuations were introduced.
(F) Thus firmer guidelines regarding punctuations were framed so that everyone used them in similar way.
6. Which of the following sentence should be the SECOND after rearrangement?
7. Which of the following sentence should be the THIRD after rearrangement?
8. Which of the following sentence should be the FIFTH after rearrangement?
9. Which of the following sentence should be the SIXTH (LAST) after rearrangement?
10. Which of the following sentence should be the FIRST after rearrangement?
1. (1), Use ‘do not’ in place of ‘does not’. The subject of the sentence is plural. 2. (4), Use ‘adoption’ in place of ‘adopted’. Here, a noun is required. 3. (3), Use ‘announced’ in place of ‘announce’. 4. (5) 5. (1), Use ‘to’ in place of ‘for’. Usually order to do something is used. 6. (1) 7. (2) 8. (5) 9. (4) 10. (3)