Directions (Q. 1-5): Rearrange the following sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), € and (F) to make a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions which follow.
A. Had it been not for them, Indian banks would have had their hands tied down.
B. Today, almost all the countries are facing the heat of recession.
C. One of these is the strict RBI and SEBI rules which regulated banking sector very efficiently.
D. This could have led to massive losses to them, which could have percolated to other sectors as well.
E. However, there are a few things which help India in bouncing back from the state of recession.
F. Like others, India too has not remained immune to the epidemic.
1. Which of the following sentence should be the THIRD after rearrangement?
2. Which of the following sentence should be the FIRST after rearrangement?
3. Which of the following sentence should be the SECOND after rearrangement?
4. Which of the following sentence should be the SIXTH(LAST) after rearrangement?
5. Which of the following sentence should be the FIFTH after rearrangement?
Directions (Q. 6-10): Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
6. Vision is usually…………….most effectively when many different…………….are used.
(a) developed, manifestations
(b) adapted, organizations
(c) communicated, vehicles
(d) exhibited, forms
(e) described, thought
7. The human mind is never…………….; it advances or it…………….
(a) absolute, diminishes
(b) dynamic, stops
(c) perfect, disintegrates
(d) stationary, retrogrades
(e) happy, decomposes
8. it would be impossible for us to continue living in this world if each of us…………….exactly what fate had in …………….for him.
(a) follow, plan
(b) appreciate, strategy
(c) design, anticipation
(d) visualize, hidden
(e) knew, store
9. It is the …………….of selfishness for men, whofully…………….in their own case the great advantages of good education, to deny these advantages to women.
(a) follow, plan
(b) height, appreciate
(c) height, assimilate
(d) degree, appreciate
(e) level, advance
10. The learner should be…………….to take a small first step, one that will provide immediate success and …………….the learning.
(a) encouraged, reinforce
(b) forced, organise
(c) directed, reorganize
(d) cautioned, reinforce
(e) encouraged, acknowledge
11. The opposition leader tried (a)/ to bolster his position (b)/ with the voters by pressing (c)/ corruption charges against rivals. (d)/ No error (e)
12. The recently imposed dress code (a)/ in the university has enraged (b)/ the students who will be going (c)/ on strike since tomorrow. (d)/ No error (e)
13. Ever since he took over (a)/ as the chief minister of the state, (b)/ rate for unemployment (c)/ has drastically increased. (d)/ No error (e)
14. Although the brilliant writer (a)/ an underlying (b)/ pessimism prevails in (c)/ all her novels. (d)/ No error (e)
15. Changed social setting (a)/ demands the schools to teach (b)/ moral and social values (c)/ among with the academic skills. (d)/ No error (e)