Directions (Q. 1-5): Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.
(A) The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), which had last intervened in the foreign exchange market in June 2009, was seen buying dollars to stem the rupee’s runaway appreciation.
(B) The bank had for so along resisted a rate increase, but finally toed the line of other banks as its cost of funds has gone up.
(C) The local currency recently rose to a 25-month high against the dollar on sustained capital inflows.
(D) Some interesting things have happened in the Indian financial system in the past few weeks.
(E) The RBI also announced a Rs. 12,000 crore buy-back of government bonds from the market to infuse money into a liquidity-starved banking system.
(F) Finally, the State Bank of India, the nation’s largest lender, has raised its minimum lending rate, or base rate, by 10 basis points. (One basis point is one-hundredth of a percentage point)
1.Which of the following would be the THIRD sentence?
2.Which of the following would be the SIXTH (LAST) sentence?
3.Which of the following would be the SECOND sentence?
4.Which of the following would be the FOURTH sentence?
5.Which of the following would be the FIRST sentence?
Directions (Q. 6-10): Each question below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for each blank which best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
6. We can feel morally____________when someone insults us-as long as we do not____________upon those feelings by burning down houses.
(1) challenged, stand
(2) outraged, act
(3) bound, build
(4) obliged, think
(5) violated, harp
7. Human beings are biological____________; they need to be grounded in time and place or else they come____________.
(1) things, forward
(2) souls, back
(3) organisms, unhinged
(4) features, undone
(5) creatures, again
8. ____________their golden years of love and togetherness, the couple ____________all their guests at their fiftieth wedding anniversary.
(1) Celebrating, welcomed
(2) Remembering, asked
(3) Rejoicing, promised
(4) Commemorating, brought
(5) Observing, greeted
9. Since it does not have the ____________to do anything beyond sending out notices; the corporation has now decided to take steps to attach moveable properties such as cars so that people take the notices more____________.
(1) authority, appropriately
(2) influence, justly
(3) guts, sincerely
(4) pressure, gravely
(5) power, seriously
10. A new law has been passed stating that no actor would be allowed to shoot beyond twelve hours in a day and those who ____________this norm would hence forth be ____________for it.
(1) followed, punished
(2) accompanied, reprimanded
(3) flouted, penalized
(4) defied, applauded
(5) obeyed, disciplined
CLICK HERE: For Answer