1. Research in sciences and social sciences often complement each other…
(1) At the same time, both retain significant differences because of the basic questions each deals with.
(2) Sciences explain the causes of systems whereas social sciences explain the implications of actions.
(3) The implications of actions do not explain why cause effects occur.
(4) The differences between life and sciences are decreasing.
(5) The questions posed by the two shares certain assumptions about reality.
2. Studies show that there is hardly any difference between human beings and apes in their mental and physical capacities…
(1) What a human can think an ape can also think
(2) But the studies on mammals are often misinterpreted.
(3) This is particularly true for India
(4) Soon we will see apes replacing human beings in factories
(5) None of these
3. The cost of producing tillers in India is eight percent less than the cost of producing tillers in china,……….
(1) India is planning to export tillers to China
(2) India has a democratic form of government while China is not so much democratic in its decisions.
(3) Tax rate in china is higher in comparison to India
(4) China has to import raw material from India for manufacturing tillers
(5) None of the above
4. A film, to be successful at the box office, must satisfy the audience, by reflecting its values…………….
(1) It is a doubtful perception as films with more of violence and sex than moral values are doing good repeatedly at box office
(2) Central board of film censoring decides on the social values
(3) Audience cannot be fooled for long with no content or low content films
(4) Box office collections are the only criteria to judge the value of a film
(5) None of these
5. People who take drug X for obesity to reduce weight could end up defeating their purpose…
(1) Since research shows that high levels of x may induce a craving for starch-based foods.
(2) Since this drug has many side effects like high blood pressure and high cholesterol level
(3) Drug X is prohibited for sale in India and its use is a punishable crime
(4) Due to drug X muscles loose tension and become susceptible to become obese with even slightest intake of fat
(5) None of these
Directions (6-10): Choose the option which has correct pair to fill the blank space given in question.
6. The ……………………reforms that are taking place in the global economic scenario are …………….as they are full of optimism.
(1) Exorbitant , unnecessary
(2) Colossal, unfavorable
(3) Drastic, disappoint
(4) Sweeping ,unrealistic
(5) Positive, heartening
7. Sita was so …………………in his prayer that she did not pay any ……………………to our presence.
(1) Engrossed, remuneration
(2) Absorbed, heed
(3) Perfect, attention
(4) Careless, significance
(5) Indifferent, substance
8. He expressed ……………………for his hasty ……………….
(1) Regret , action
(2) Pleasure , speech
(3) Repentance ,movement
(4) Anguish , provocation
(5) Displeasure ,win
9. The residents on this island are so………………..that they do not ………………even their closest relatives.
(1) Callous, consider
(2) Hospitable ,greet
(3) Uncivilized ,recognize
(4) Indifferent , hurt
(5) Unreliable ,welcome
10. The annual ……………………..of industrial products has risen …………………..in the recent years.
(1) Output, enormously
(2) Outcome, hugely
(3) outlay ,paramount
(4) Outbreak ,tremendously
(5) Decline , scarcely
Directions (11- 15): Rearrange the following seven sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) ,(F) and (G) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them:
(A) It is assumed that these banks work in a hassle free manner as compared to government banks.
(B) Government banks are more trustworthy if you are considering taking a long term loan.
(C) They offer you lower interest rates, and this is the main reason why people seek education loans from government banks.
(D) The interest rate and terms are decided by the Reserve Bank and these national banks cannot make any changes by their own.
(E) But private banks work more smoothly.
(F) The employees in these banks are customer friendly and ready to help people.
(G) Government banks offer lower interest rate it is well-known fact that the interest rate of government banks is much lower as compared to private banks.
11. Which should be the FIRST sentence?
12. Which should be the SECOND sentence?
13. Which should be the THIRD sentence?
14. Which should be the FOURTH sentence?
15. Which should be the FIFTH sentence?