Direction(1-10) : In the following passage (1 to 10), some of the words have been left out. First read the passage over and try to understand what it is about. Then fill in the blanks with the help of the alternatives given. Mark your answer in the Answer Sheet.
A (1) becomes a flowing stream only (2) there is continuity of (3) life in a society. In (4) words, a (5) culture comes into (6) when people (7) a continuous way of life. Such (8) expresses itself (9) various ways in common tradition and (10) of conduct.
1. (a) civilization (b) culture (c) idea (d) philosphy
2. (a) at (b) what (c) when (d) as
3. (a) individual (b) nature’s (c) society’s (d) collective
4. (a) different (b) difficult (c) other (d) many
5. (a) distinctive (b) unique (c) clean (d) foggy
6. (a) phase (b) existence (c) action (d) thinking
7. (a) develop (b) create (c) follow (d) end
8. (a) incondidtency (b) uniqueness (c) greatness (d) continuity
9. (a) in (b) of (c) with (d) at
10. (a) rules (b) regulations (c) norms (d) laws