Simple definition of On Line Shopping or Shopping on the Web is enabling you to buy and sell through your computer on –line using Web or Internet environment. One reason people like without a salesperson because you can browse inside the shop for number of hours at your leisure time without a salesperson peering over the shoulder and making unwanted recommendations. As a customer, we may find this approach convenient and less time consuming, but how does this affect the economy as a whole? Is it safe to pay credit card online? Is buying and selling products over the internet considered as a risky business for merchants? Is the Web going to replace old-fashioned stores? Is virtual shopping really is better than the real thing? Cyberspace is a vast territory where computers meet and exchange information. In this 21st century, cyberspace has already to your computer will look you into wealth of goods and services.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 27 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
In your home, modern box attached to your computer will look you into wealth of goods and services. Not only does it allow you to talk to your friends on the other side of the world, but also allows you to watch a movie, buy airline tickets, pay bills and even get cash, People in developed countries like U.S. and Canada have already started using On Line Shopping as a routine mode of their purchasing goods and services. Internet shoppers still believe that there is no secure and convenient way of paying on the Internet. Consumers are concerned with two main security fears. They are worried that their credit card information is jeopardizing while travelling over the net. They also express concern over data privacy whereby the vendors and blanking institutions can tamper with the data and easily record their purchasing habits. These fears over privacy and security have kept E- Commerce from taking off.
1. What does the passage imply by the word ‘Virtual shopping’?
(1) shopping widely
(2) shopping spree
(3) literal shopping
(4) net shopping
(5) a wider perspective of e-com.
2. Why is it risky to pay online?
(1) It reveals the identity of the buyer
(2) It intrudes upon the privacy of the buyer
(3) The buyer is apprehensive of his credit card details going over the net
(4) The merchants may record the buyer’s purchasing habits.
(5) None of these
3. Which of the following statement is/are TRUE______?
(A) Cyberspace has opened an immense wealth of services but has affected the economy too.
(B) Data privacy is no longer a thing of the past.
(C) People in developing countries use online shopping as a routine mode
(1) Only a
(2) Only b and c
(3) a, b and c
(4) Only c
(5) None of these
4. What is the authors view regarding shopping on the web?
(1) shopping on the net makes the buyers wary of financial transactions.
(2) shopping in the stores is on obsolete idea.
(3) Net shopping has affected our economy on the whole
(4) Payment by credit card easily outnumbers cash transactions.
(5) All of the above
5. Why has online shopping caught on so much in the U.S.A. and Canada?
(1) The developed countries can well afford to indulge in such luxuries
(2) The pace of life is superfast in these countries
(3) Virtual shoppers need not hide their credit card information.
(4) Banks etc do not tamper with the financial details of the net-shoppers
(5) None of these
For Qs (6-8): Choose the word that is most nearly the SAME in meaning to the word as used in passage.
(1) look through
(3) examine leisurely
For Qs (9-10): Choose the word that is most nearly the OPPOSITE in meaning to the word as used in passage.