The much awaited official notification of IBPS PO is released. IBPS PO is considered to be the most reputed exam in India. According to the official notification of IBPS PO, the prelims examination is scheduled to be held on 12th, 13th, 19th and 20th of October 2019. Students must be feeling nervous as the exams are on head. Every year several aspirants take part in this Examination to kick start their career with the banking sector. IBPS has been conducting examination for the post of PO, Clerk, etc for the past few years and receives thousands of applications every year. It only only conducts but also recuit candidates all over India based on the preference and marks in the merit list. The main concern for the aspirant, however, lies in the preparation strategy related to IBPS PO so that they can clear the examination in the first go but how will an aspirant manages to make such startegy to get into the bank services in the first attempt. There is a huge competition in this era and banking sector is attracting so many youths so subsequently acing through the banking examination especially IBPS PO can be little challenging. But with right guidance and plan, you can easily emerge in flying colors. Continue reading this article to check the Tips for cracking IBPS PO Exam 2019.
How to Crack IBPS PO in the first attempt?
Before we proceed with the IBPS PO tips and tricks on the aforementioned topic, it is essential to understand the structure of the exam. Having deep knowledge about the IBPS PO exam pattern is a must thing. If you know the pattern and structure of IBPS examination, it will help you in planning the strategy in a better way.
We will start with the IBPS PO exam pattern 2019.
IBPS PO Prelims 2019: Exam pattern
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Candidates had to qualify in each of the three tests by securing minimum cut-off marks which were decided by IBPS.
Phase – II: IBPS PO Main Examination 2019
Main Examination consists of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 25 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests were conducted online.
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|3||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|4||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
Once you get familiar with the exam pattern, the next step is to analyze the detailed and topic wise IBPS PO syllabus 2019. If you are well confined with the syllabus you will be able to frame your own tactics for the forthcoming exams like IBPS PO 2019. Knowing about the detailed syllabus and making the section-wise strategy should be a major concern before you start your preparations. So, Adda247 is providing you with the detailed IBPS PO 2019 syllabus so that you can start planning for the exam in the remaining stipulated time. Click Here to know more.
IBPS PO 2019: Detailed Syllabus
There will be a total of three sections in the IBPS PO Prelims 2019 exams four sections in IBPS PO Mains exams. It is important to have deep knowledge of the IBPS PO Syllabus 2019 to keep your preparation exam specific.
It is important for a student to plan a study time table. One should follow the exam preparation tips to sail through the banking exams. Remember your journey will only make a difference and will reward your earned success in the end. Aspirant need to dig deep for sailing through this examination.
Check the IBPS PO previous year cut off:
Before you start your preparation, keep a check on the previous year cut off so that you get aware of the marks you need to score in this exam. Attempt question with accuracy is all that matters in this exam. Cut off for any competitive exam depends on the few factors such as level of difficulty, types of questions, students appeared for it, etc.
IBPS PO 2017-2018: Previous year Cut Off comparison
|Cut off comparison 2017-2018||IBPS PO prelims 2017||IBPS PO Main 2017||Final cut off 2017(out of 100)||IBPS PO Prelims 2018||IBPS PO Main 2018||Final cut off 2018(out of 100)|
This is the previous year cut off and it may increase or decrease in the coming exams depending on the difficulty level. So keep yourself updated with all that you need and check out these exam preparation tips for IBPS PO 2019.
How to Crack IBPS PO in the first attempt: Tips to prepare IBPS PO
- Get all your basic concepts cleared of all the subjects. As clearing basics will help you in the Main examination. You can refer to the daily quiz provided on bankersadda.
- Time is the limit. You need to manage your time in a way that you can attempt maximum number of questions in a fixed time and nothing remains left out.
- Go through the exam syllabus carefully. This will help you in your preparation. Check IBPS PO Detailed Syllabus.
- Work on your calculation to ace your speed in the quantitative aptitude section to attempt the maximum number of questions. Practice from the Quantitative aptitude study notes to ace your speed.
- Give attention to every subject equally. Even if any of your subjects are strong, do not leave it behind, give it an equal amount of time to practice.
- Study for at least 5-6 hours a day. Divide your time for each section equally and practice with firm determination and confidence. Refer to the IBPS PO Study plan to manage daily practices.
- Give mock test daily. Practice at least 2 mocks a day. Mock test will help you analyze your weak points to work on.
- Make a proper strategy for your preparation and follow it so that nothing important is left behind.
- Read the questions carefully before attempting them. this will help you know which question should be attempted first and which one can be skipped for later.
- Develop a habit of reading a newspaper and current affairs on a daily basis. News should be learned in real-time. Keep yourself updated with what is happening all around so that you do not have to hassle for the GA section at the time of the exam. visit currentaffairs.adda247.com for all the latest news.
- Speed, accuracy, and attempts are all that matters in the exam. Keep a check on all the three terms by analyzing your performance.
PRACTICE! It is the only key to success, Practice as much as you can. Do not delay the things for tomorrow as it never comes. We hope this article will help you in your preparation for IBPS PO 2019. To speed up your preparation you can also check out Live Classes by Adda247 Experts and Test Series to practice till perfection. Click Here for Live Batches, Click here for Test Series. ALL THE BEST!