| Updated On April 17th, 2020 at 06:02 pm
The English Language is one of the most important sections in banking exams, be it prelims or mains, this section can help you score some very good marks. Students often complain about this as being lengthy and are always perplexed as to how they can ace this. In this article, we will be discussing all the important topics of English Language section that you must study before sitting in the final exam and what should be your strategy to tackle them.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 3 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 3 Months
Note: This package is not a part of Double Validity Offer
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 24 Months
- 1 Month
- 12 Months
- 3 Months
|SBI Clerk Mains 2020 Study Plan||SBI PO Prelims Study Plan 2020||RBI Assistant Mains Exam Study Plan 2020 – Download PDF now|
English Language Syllabus and Expected Questions
|English Syllabus For Bank Exams|
|Topics||Expected Number of Questions|
|Fill in the blanks||0-5|
|Multiple meaning/error solving||0-5|
|Start your preparation for RBI Grade B 2020||RBI Grade B Syllabus 2020 for Prelims & Mains 2020||RBI GRADE B INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE|
Strategy To Prepare English Section
- One of the most important things, before you start studying, is to work on the basics of the English language and grammar and brush up those skills.
- The second thing is the “Time Management”. Give as much as speed test as possible because you need to answer 25-30 questions in just 15-20 minutes.
- You don’t have to know everything. Use common sense and apply it to eliminate the options instead of cramming every word.
- Solve Reading comprehension by practicing this topic with a stopwatch. Try to solve each passage with more accuracy and in lesser time.
- Go through the basic rules of Grammar from the book Adda247 Book Ace English Language. This will help you sail through the maximum portion of this section with ease. There is a set pattern of grammatical rules on which questions are asked. you will only know them by practicing multiple questions.
- Vocabulary is one topic that cannot be ace in a day or two. You have to practice it daily. Read the newspaper as it will help you to learn new words and will also improve your reading speed.
|Upcoming Bank Exams 2020||Government Jobs for Graduates 2020||Consumer Price Index: Definition, Types, Measurement|
Tips for Improving Vocabulary Section
Vocabulary can help you score some very good marks in the given below topics:
- Fill in the blanks
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Words Association
Given below steps can help you to have a strong command over vocabulary-
- Vocabulary is one such topic that cannot be ace in one day or one month. It requires time and the best and effective way to build your vocabulary is to read newspapers, articles and write the words you find there in a notebook. Maintain this notebook daily. revise this notebook before start studying for the day daily. Use the words that you learned in day to day language or make as many sentences as you can in your free time.
- Go through Solve the vocabulary questions of previous years’ papers. This will help you with the type of questions asked and will also help you in judging your preparation level.
- Learn the words with Mnemonic Techniques to remember vocabulary. This is a highly effective word. You can take the help of your friend to create a new mnemonic for each word. Doing so will help you to remember those words for a longer time.
- Practice Vocab questions on Adda247 App every day. Use them in sentences and find similar words.
Tips for improving Grammar
Given below topics in the English Section are directly related to Grammar –
- Error Spotting
- Sentence Correction/Sentence Improvement
- Phrase Replacement
- Para Completion
- Para Summary
Follow the below steps, to improve Grammatical skills, –
- Go through each chapter of English Grammar one by one. Clear your concept by practicing questions based on those topics.
- Give as much as time possible to understand the rules of Tenses. Tenses are the soul of English Grammar as the majority of the questions are asked from this topic itself.
- Try to read different genres and styles of writing, such as classic literature, textbooks, science-fiction, science books, biographies, blogs, essays, and articles. Try to understand as to how sentences are structured, word order, spelling, and creative variations the authors use.
- Learn the words having the same spelling and different meanings. Words that sound similar but have different spelling and meaning etc. such questions can be asked.
Master The Reading Comprehensions
- Reading comprehension consists of 10-15 or sometimes 20 questions in the examinations
- Good reading skills can help you to solve reading comprehension in minimum time
- You can easily gain these skills by reading regularly. Make reading a habit to read English newspaper, magazines and articles daily
- Firstly, Go through all the questions and find the keywords in them.
- The second step is to start reading the passage and find those keywords
- Now as you see a keyword while reading the passage, read the question of that particular keyword again to find out if you can now answer that question. If you can then mark your answer and if not keep on reading the passage to find the other position of that keyword.
- This will take a time when you start practicing it but eventually it will save a lot of your time.
FAQ: Learn English for Bank Exam
Q. How can I learn English for bank exam?
Ans. You can easily learn English by reading newspaper, Magazines, articles etc.
Q. How can I score good marks English in bank exam?
Ans. By giving Speed Tests and mock test you can easily score good marks in English.
Q. How can I improve my vocabulary for bank exam?
Ans. You can easily improve your vocabulary by focussing on the tips given above.
Q. How can I prepare English for SBI?
Ans. You can all these tips stated above to prepare for English.