The Quantitative Aptitude section is undoubtedly the most trickiest and challenging subject in the banking exams. Many aspirants find this subject dreaded but it is also true that candidates can secure good marks in this subject if practiced well. The quantitative aptitude section requires the candidate to maintain consistency, regularity in their practice and preparation, and determination. In any banking exam, the candidates need to give the required attention to the quantitative aptitude section. Many banking exams will be conducted this year and the candidates need to start preparing for them now to get their desired jobs. Today in this article we will be discussing how the candidates can prepare for the quantitative aptitude section for bank exams.
- Study Plan for SBI & IBPS PO & Clerk Exams 2021- Daily Quizzes- Attempt Now
- List of Upcoming IBPS Bank Exams 2021-22: Check Notifications and Exam Dates
How to Prepare Quantitative Aptitude for Bank Exams?
In this article, we will be discussing The best way to prepare for the quantitative aptitude section for upcoming banking exams. We will be covering the aspect from a beginners point of you and also for the experienced aspirants. But before we discuss these aspects the candidates need to know some important topics of The quantitative aptitude section that they should cover:
- Time and work and distance
- Simple interest
- Profit and loss
- Average and percentage
- Ratio and proportion
- Decimals and fractions
- Number of systems
- Relationship between numbers
- Fundamental arithmetical operations
- Computation of whole numbers
Types of DI to be cover for Quantitative Aptitude Section
- Pie Charts
- Line Graph
- Bar Graphs
- Radar DI
- Caselet DI
- Missing DI
- Funnel DI(latest from SBI)
How to Prepare Quant Section for Banking Exams – A beginners guide
There will be several candidates who are preparing for the upcoming banking exams for the first time and must be feeling puzzled about how we should start their preparation, especially for the quantitative aptitude section. Let us now look at some simple tips which the beginners should follow to prepare for the Quant section of banking exams:
- Make a timetable or study plan for the banking exam you are appearing for so that you can divide equal and efficient time for each subject.,
- Arrange all the study material of Quant so that you can start your preparation without any hassle.
- Do not start with the short tricks in the starting. First, get familiarised with the basics of all the chapters then prepare for short tricks.
- Make notes of all the formulas and important tricks so that you can easily find them and compute them in a question when required.
- Revise the chapters then prepare and practice miscellaneous exercises. In the miscellaneous exercise, there will be questions in a mixed form that will help you analyze your capability to tackle this kind of question.
- The best way to prepare the Quant section is by attempting mock tests of various banking exams. Candidates can also attend section-wise mock tests and analyze their performance.
- Rectify your mistakes. After attempting mock tests candidates Will be aware of their strengths and weak areas which they can improve before the bank exam. This will ensure that each attempt is accurate.
Tips to prepare quant for Banking Exams- For Experienced Aspirants
There will be several candidates who are preparing/have been preparing for the banking exams for months/years. Following are the important tips for such experienced as parents on how they should prepare for the Quant section:
- Get familiar with the exam pattern and syllabus of the bank exam you are appearing for. There may be some changes which you should be aware of before starting your preparation.
- Analyze your mistake, where you are lacking, and improve it. Practice mock tests and get familiar with your weaknesses which you can rectify get over with, before the actual bank exam.
- Work on time management, try to improve your speed and accuracy.
- Do not repeat your mistakes that you have made in the past. On every step try to make a better attempt than your previous.
- Practice as much as you can. The more you practice the more you’ll get familiar with your weak areas which you can improve and ensure your selection in your desired bank.
Time Management for Quantitative Aptitude Section
The candidates need to increase their speed as well as their accuracy while attempting the quantitative aptitude section. The quantitative aptitude section is not only challenging but also very time-consuming. If the candidates have a stronghold on time management they can ensure scoring maximum marks in the quantitative aptitude section. Now let us look at how candidates can improve their calculation and speed for the Quant section.
- Quit the use of a calculator. Don’t get habitual of using the calculator and try to tackle this speed and calculation on your own.
- Practice Square, division, Sum, and multiplication of numbers written on the car plate. Playing with numbers like this Will improve your calculation and you might discover a new trick on how you can save time in the sums.
- Try not to use paper and pen for calculation. Making mind calculations will see more time during the exams too.
- Attempt quiz on simplification and approximation to improve your speed and accuracy. Candidates can find many quizzes on the Adda247 App which they can attempt easily.
It is time for the candidates to start the preparation for the quantitative aptitude sections for the upcoming banking exams this year. Make sure that you follow all the above points and are on the exams. Do not leave any topic and touched, everything is important for the exam point of you. Keep practicing, keep working hard, all the best!!