The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will be conducting the IBPS PO Mains Exam 2021 in three days i.e on 4 February 2021. The mains examinations will be conducted in two parts: an objective test and a descriptive test. The descriptive test can be a real challenge for the candidates as it is different from the objective type test and requires a different kind of preparation. In this article, we will be looking at the best way to prepare For the descriptive English test for IBPS PO Mains Exam that will help the candidates score maximum marks in the IBPS PO Mains Examination.
How to prepare for the Descriptive English test for IBPS PO Mains Exam 2021?
The descriptive writing test will consist of two questions 50 marks:
- Essay writing
- Letter writing
Descriptive writing test is as important as the objective test. There will be two questions asked from the section of a total of 25 marks. The two questions will be letter writing and essay. Candidates will be given 30 minutes of duration for this test. The marks of this test will be considered in the overall score of the candidate of IBPS PO Mains 2021, which means it is important for the candidates to score maximum marks in the descriptive English test. Let us not discuss how the candidates can prepare for the essay writing and letter writing questions.
Tips for Essay writing :
- The essay writing question can be based on any topic. The topic can be related to the ongoing events in our nation or some current affair topic. It is very important for the candidate to be aware of all the important topics on which the essay writing can be based to write appropriate content. The best way to do this is by reading daily newspapers, editorials, magazines, etc. view ample knowledge of the current affairs topics and the latest headlines.
- Read novels of different genres. This will help the candidates in widening up their area of thinking and will improve their thought process in a variety of topics.
- At the beginning of an essay, candidates can start with the quotation that is relevant to the Essay.
- And while commencing the essay candidates must do it with an interesting and thought-provoking but relevant comment that will indicate that the candidate is open for discussion.
- There are some measures that the candidates must follow while writing an essay, that is: avoid making spelling mistakes or grammatical mistakes, ensure that the essay is connected from top to bottom and the readers should feel that each and every point is explained thoroughly.
- Manage Time Ideally. Essay writing can be time-consuming but the candidates must keep in mind that they have only 30 minutes to attempt both essay and letter writing questions. Divide the time for both the questions to prevent any last-minute hassle.
Tips for Letter Writing :
- There are different types of questions based on letter writing. Candidates must be aware of each format to face any kind of letter writing question in the mains examination. Important details like date and address, subject, etc. should be mentioned as per the format of the letter that is asked.
- Candidates must ensure that the letter conveys the exact message that is asked in the question.
- Candidates must follow a precise tone in their letter. Can be formal or informal depending on the type of letter that is asked in the question.
- Make sure that greetings in the letter are mentioned correctly. For the informal type of letters, there are words like “dear” while for the formal letters candidates must use “sir/ma’am”.
IBPS PO Mains 2021: Exam Pattern
|S.No.||Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allotted for each
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
(Letter Writing & Essay)