As SBI PO Mains is approaching, many of our readers are demanding on formats and ways of writing descriptive topics. Today we have decided to provide you some important things to remember while attempting Essay.
To write an essay, a proper planning is needed. In the examination, you don’t get much time to think or to plan. So it is highly recommended that you start reading the newspaper for topics and do remember some facts (specially for schemes launched by banks or central Government).
Now talking about the Essay, It consists of three parts viz. Introduction, Body and Conclusion.
Introduction is one of the most important part of your essay that can either leave a good or bad impression on the reader. And remember, if you get a grip on it then rest won’t matter much. Suppose if “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” is given as topic then to introduce the essay, you need to be aware of the motive and the essence behind the scheme.
Once the introduction part is over then you have to include bits and pieces of the topic. It can include anything and while writing the body, you have to be careful about the facts and figures. That doesn’t mean that it has to be accurate but you can use the approximate figures. When you present facts in the essay, it shows how aware you are of the surrounding world. And also it looks good.
Conclusion is the part that includes the summary and things that can be improved. You can read various examples of Essay and you can observe certain points because the conclusion part is very common and you can pick certain ready made points. But be careful while using them in your essay.
1. Make points in your mind and elaborate it while typing.
2. Essay should be connected from top to bottom and the readers shouldn’t feel that you have left some points unexplained.
3. Start each paragraph with a topic sentence that clearly links the paragraph to the rest of the essay.
4. Provide supporting evidence for each point that you make.
5. Try to finish with an interesting or thought-provoking, but relevant, comment. It looks good and it shows that you are open for discussion which is a positive thing.
6. Avoid making spelling or grammatical mistakes. It leaves a very bad impression on the readers.
7. Write down quotations that may be particularly useful
8. If possible, try to make multiple paragraph based on the particular topic.
9. Do take care of the time management.
10. Last but not least, develop the reading habit for better vocabulary.