IBPS Clerk Exam is scheduled for tomorrow. Many questions might be buzzing in your mind, but now you should just forget them and stay calm, have a good night sleep so that you’ll be fresh tomorrow morning, yes it is important!! You need to be attentive and confident tomorrow, so give yourself proper rest.
Keeping in mind the tough competition, candidates should ensure that they go to the exam hall with full preparation and should avoid the slightest mistake in the exam. Essentially, candidates should keep in mind the following, while attempting the exam –
1. Go with a Plan: Candidates should go with proper plan – as you should know what your strong topic is and where you lag. You can read the strategy we’ve given for IBPS Clerk Mains. It is very important that candidate stick to their plan (time wise) because although there is sectional time but you must not get stuck on a question.The reason for the same is – sometimes a particular topic or question as a puzzle of data interpretation may be very difficult, and while attempting the same you may get carried away by devoting more time on that, it will mean that you will compromise on some other questions as you will have lesser time for it. And most importantly you need to remember that there is a sectional cut-off in the exam and if a particular section is tough, it will be tough for everyone so you don’t have to panic, give your best attempt.
2. Keep in mind the Marks Allocated to each section: Question paper for IBPS Clerk Mains Exam will essentially consist of 4 sections – Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, Reasoning Ability, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge and each section will have 40 questions. But, you need to remember that each section might have a different weight-age. For example, in this exam, Reasoning and Quant are of 50 marks with 40 questions. So, candidates should plan the strategy keeping in mind the weight age of each section and clearly here reasoning and quant can fetch you more marks.
3. Attempt the sections in 2 rounds: You should attempt the questions in each section in two rounds. In the first attempt- do the questions, for which you are sure and which can be done in less than a minute. Leave tougher questions for the second round. This way, you will not miss any easy question in the paper and will be able to optimize the score.
4. Be careful about negative marking: In IBPS Clerk Mains, there will be negative marks for wrong answers (equivalent to 1/4 of the marks allotted to that questions). There is no negative marking for un-attempted questions. So, if you are not sure about a question, it is better to leave that question rather than attempting it wrong.
5. Do not get stuck on a question: Never get touchy about any question and hence do not waste time if you are not able to crack it within 1-2 mins. We have seen, many candidates get stuck with questions like seating arrangement/puzzles in reasoning part and waste precious time on these. Never do that. If you feel that you might get stuck, leave it for the second round.
6. Never give up during the exam: Competitions like this are the tests of your nerves. You should go with a positive frame of mind to the exam hall and maintain the same throughout the exam. Many times, when candidates get stuck or find a particular section difficult, they give up. Never ever give up. Paper is not going to be easy for anyone and winner will be one who will hold the nerves till the end.
7. Take Proper Sleep before Exam: Candidates should take a proper sleep before the exam day and should have light breakfast before the exam.
8. Reach your exam center in time: Leave early for your exam centre, you don’t want to miss out this chance just because you were late. IBPS is strict with its rules, so no leniency in reaching your exam center in time.
9. Do not forget to take following items with you, when you go for the exam –
Call letter with your recent passport size photograph (and read the instructions on your call letter carefully.)
Photo identity proof (One original and one photocopy)
Ball Point Pen
When You Want It The Most There’s No Easy Way Out
When You ready to Go And your Heart Left In Doubt
Don’t Give Up On Your faith
Success Comes to Those Who Believe It
Cause That’s The Way It is!!
BankersAdda wishes you all the best and a very happy new year!