We are providing you this English Quiz keeping in mind the upcoming LIC AAO Exam pattern and syllabus. LIC AAO Exam is not going to be easy one so practice these Quizzes on daily basis.
Directions (1-5). Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will he in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is ‘No error’, the answer is ‘E’. (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any).
1. There will be no scrutiny (A)/ or enquiry of money declared, neither (B)/ under the Income-Tax Act or the Wealth Tax Act (C)/ and the declarants will have immunity (D)/ from prosecution. No error. (E)/.
2. The government have (A)/ decided to open a one-time (B)/ ,four-month compliance window (C)/ for domestic black (D)/ money- holders. (E).
3. The victim was presuaded (A)/ to recall back what had (B)/ happned with her but (C)/she was unable to (D)/ recollect anything. (E).
4. The process to be adopted by the government (A)/ for these activities has to be defined (B)/ because the government is responsible for (C)/ any objects put up in space and for (D)/ what happens to it in orbit or because of it. (E).
5. The carbonic acid (A)/ thus produced leads to (B)/ ocean acidification by decreasing the pH of the ocean (C), reducing the concentration of (D)/ the carbonate ion. (E).
6. Should have been nice (A)/ if we could have (B)/ played this game before (C)/ the Australia one, would have (D)/ had a better idea of the conditions. (E).
7. The Constitution granted (A)/ the right to citizens (B)/ to join such bodies to (C)/ pursue their interest in (D) sports, religion, culture and art etc. (E).
8. We swap up to the drowning man, (A)/ caught hold of his clothes, (B)/ before he could go down (C)/ again and pulled him, (D)/ out safe to the shore. (E).
9. The scheme which (A)/ will be launched during (B)/ the next two years (C)/ require an additional investment (D)/ of one hundered crores. (E).
10. Household spends will support (A)/ real domestic growth of 2 percent or perhaps (B)/ more, because real earnings are rising at 2 percent (C)/, house prices are increasing (D)/ even faster in real terms and employment prospects are good. (E)/.
1. B, Neither should be repaced by Either.
2. A, Has.
3. B,Back will be removed.
4. D, Objects will be removed by object.
5. E, The should be removed.
6. A, Should replaced by Would.
7. A ,Grants replace Granted.
8. C,Would replace could.
9. D, Requires will be placed in the place of require.
10. Ans-A ,Spends will be replaced by Spending.