Directions (1-10): In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passageand against each, five words/phrases are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word/phrase in each case:
In an all-too-familiar replay, finance ministers and central bank governors (1) the Group of 20 countries meeting in Shanghai drove home the complexities of (2) a collective response to the persisting global slowdown in growth, even as the International Monetary Fund (IMF) reiterated its call for (3) action at the multilateral level to contain risks to the real economies from market turbulence. The Fund’s (4) ahead of the gathering, as in the recent past, lays particular stress on fiscal stimulus measures to (5) demand, as against over-reliance on (6) policies. But the reaction from national capitals was along expected lines. U.S. Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew pressed hard a long-standing concern of Washington that China ought to (7) domestic consumption and Germany adopt fiscal stimulus. His counterpart in Berlin, Wolfgang Schaeuble, was equally categorical as he ruled (8) his country’s support for a fiscal stimulus and instead continued to insist on structural reforms as the (9). Mr. Lew even suggested, ahead of the Shanghai meet, that it may be a case of financial markets misreading the situation on the state of the (10) economy.
Directions (11-15): In each one of the following sentences, there are two blank spaces. Below each sentence, there are five pairs of words denoted by numbers (1), (2), (3), (4) and (5). Find out which pair of words can be filled up in the blanks .n the sentence in the same sequence to make it, meaningfully complete.
11. The actress, became the first ________ star to land the lead role in a US television and will now ______ the main villain in “Baywatch”.
12. The former Miss World did not have any formal training in ________ but credits her long career in Hindi cinema for shaping her into a ______ performer.
13. Most large economies are ______ with deflationary risks, negative interest rates, and widespread ________ of fiat currencies.
14. The two-year long spacemen faced a _________ of medical tests _______ a touchdown.
15. Local brands like Micromax and Intex will try and bring in _______ for money devices with ________ specifications as soon as possible.