IPL Winners list from 2008 to 2021: The Indian Premier League (IPL) is a professional Twenty20 cricket league that is contested by eight teams based out of eight different Indian series. IPL has always been a hot topic in the sports industry and many questions from IPL are asked in the government job examination.
This year IPL was held in two parts. The first half of the tournament was held in India but due to the increasing Covid-19 cases, the remaining part of the IPL was held in UAE. Chennai Super Kings claimed the title of IPL 2021 as winners and Kolkata Knight Riders were the runner up. In this article, we are going to provide you with the details of the IPL winner list from 2008 to 2021.
Indian Premier League(IPL)
The Indian Premier League began in 2008. It is a twenty-20 Cricket league held in India annually, and it started a year after India won the T-20 world cup against Pakistan. The first tournament was started in various parts of the country in 2008. The league was founded by the BCCI(Board of Control for Cricket in India) which is responsible for the functioning and operation of the league. In this tournament Mumbai Indians is the most successful IPL team, having won the tournament 5 times, and runner up for one occasion. Chennai Super Kings have lifted the cup of the tournament 3 times. For the year 2021 as it is the 14th edition of the tournament, the IPL was scheduled to be held from 9th April to 30th May, some matches were held for the same, but due to the current pandemic situation, the tournament stands to be cancel as of now. The venues for the 14th edition tournament 2021 were Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata.
IPL Winners List from 2008-2021:
Here is an IPL Cup Winners list since the very first season of IPL. The first winner list of IPL was Rajasthan Royals. In the table below, we are going to present the winners of IPL details from the year 2008 to 2021.
|2010||Chennai Super Kings|
|2011||Chennai Super Kings|
|2012||Kolkata Knight Riders|
|2014||Kolkata Knight Riders|
|2018||Chennai Super Kings|
|2021||Chennai Super Kings|
The detailed analysis on IPL Winner List, Runner Up, Venue, Number of teams, Player of the Match and Player of the Series are given below:
|Year||Winner||Runner Up||Venue||Number of teams||Player of the Match|
|2021||Chennai Super Kings||Kolkata Knight Riders||Dubai||8|
|2020||Mumbai Indians||Delhi Capitals||Dubai||8||Trent Boult|
|2019||Mumbai Indians||Chennai Super Kings||Hyderabad||8||Jasprit Bumrah|
|2018||Chennai Super Kings||Sunrisers Hyderabad||Mumbai||8||Shane Watson|
|2017||Mumbai Indians||Rising Pune Supergiants||Hyderabad||8||Krunal Pandya|
|2016||Sunrisers Hyderabad||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Bangalore||8||Ben Cutting|
|2015||Mumbai Indians||Chennai Super Kings||Kolkata||8||Rohit Sharma|
|2014||Kolkata Knight Riders||Kings XI Punjab||Bangalore||8||Manish Pandey|
|2013||Mumbai Indians||Chennai Super Kings||Kolkata||9||Kieron Pollard|
|2012||Kolkata Knight Riders||Chennai Super Kings||Chennai||9||Manvinder Bisla|
|2011||Chennai Super Kings||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Chennai||10||Murali Vijay|
|2010||Chennai Super Kings||Mumbai Indians||Mumbai||8||Suresh Raina|
|2009||Deccan Chargers||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Johhanesburg||8||Anil Kumble|
|2008||Rajasthan Royals||Chennai Super Kings||Mumbai||8||Yusuf Pathan|
IPL Winners List – Player Awards.
Besides, the man of the match, there are the player’s awards given to the players on the basis of their performance. The complete list of IPL awards for best performances includes the following categories:
- Orange Cap – To the leading run-scorer in IPL – Shaun Marsh became the first winner of the award. In the 2019 IPL David Warner won the Orange Cap IPL Award, and in IPL 2020, K L Rahul won the Orange Cap.
- Purple Cap – To the leading wicket-taker in IPL – Sohail Tanveer was the first awardee of Purple Cap. In IPL 2019, Imran Tahir won this award. In IPL 2020, Kagiso Rabada won the Purple Cap.
- Maximum Sixes Awards – To the batsman who hits the most sixes in IPL. 1st receiver of this award was Sanath Jayasuriya and in IPL 2019 Andre Russell won the Maximum Sixes Award. Ishan Kishan won the Maximum Sixes Award in IPL 2020.
- Most Valuable Player – Till 2012 it was called ‘Man of the Tournament’. Shane Watson was the first recipient of this award in 2008 IPL. In 2019, Andre Russell was felicitated with the Most Valuable Player of the Tournament Award. Jofra Archer won the award of Most Valuable Player in IPL 2020.
- Emerging Player of the Year – It was presented as “best under-19 player” in 2008, and “best under-23 player” and “Under-23 Success of the Tournament” in 2009 and 2010 respectively. The award was known as “Rising Star of the Year”, in 2011-12, and “Best Young Player of the Season” in 2013. Since 2014, the award has been called the “Emerging Player of the Year.” The first player to receive this award was Shreevats Goswami in 2008, In IPL 2019, Shubham Gill won this award. Devdutt Padikkal won the award for Emerging Player of the Year in IPL 2020.
It is only after the inception of the IPL seasons that the Indian Cricket League came to a closure in the same year. The IPL teams are owned by different well-known celebrities under their franchises and this makes the whole concept even interesting. Here, the matches are not played between the countries but between teams that have players from different countries playing together.
- SBI Clerk Mains GA Questions Asked in Exam
As of now, Mumbai Indians have won the maximum number of matches followed by Chennai Super Kings and Kolkata Knight Riders. Mumbai Indians team was the winner for the IPL season 12 also in 2019. It will be quite an interesting thing to check out which team will win season 13. Cricket lovers were waiting anxiously for the IPL season 13 to have been started this year but it has been interrupted by the pandemic situation prevailing throughout the world.
Again, in the list of runner ups, Chennai Super Kings has been in the position most of the time since the start of the IPL seasons. In 12 seasons, Chennai Super Kings has been in the runners-up position 5 times including season 12 last year.
Under normal circumstances, this was the time when the country would have been singing the slogans of different teams, and the Television and other media platforms would have been flooded with advertisements promoting different teams. But the current situation is neither good for the international players to travel and reach India nor for the organizers to take the risk to organize the matches right now. The only thing right now is to wait for season 13 to start after the pandemic is over.
FAQs: IPL Winners List From 2008 to 2021
Q. Who has won IPL from 2008?
Ans. Rajasthan Royals was won IPL in 2008.
Q. Which all teams have won IPL?
. Mumbai Indians have won the IPL maximum times
Q. Who is the highest run-scorer in the IPL matches?
Ans. The highest run-scorer in IPL matches is David Warner.
Q. Which player won the most IPL titles?
Ans. Rohit Sharma has won the IPL titles 6 times. He has won it 5 times for Mumbai Indians and one time for the Deccan Chargers