The questions from the Indian Premier League (IPL) are asked in the government job examination. The Indian Premier League began in 2008. It is a twenty-20 Cricket league held in India annually, and it started a year after India won the T-20 world cup against Pakistan. In this article, we are going to provide you with the details of the IPL winner list from 2008 to 2021.
The first tournament was started in various parts of the country in 2008. The league was founded by the BCCI(Board of Control for Cricket in India) which is responsible for the functioning and operation of the league. In this tournament Mumbai Indians is the most successful IPL team, having won the tournament 5 times, and runner up for one occasion. Chennai Super Kings have lifted the cup of the tournament 3 times.
For the year 2021 as it is the 14th edition of the tournament, the IPL was scheduled to be held from 9th April to 30th May, some matches were held for the same, but due to the current pandemic situation, the tournament stands to cancel as of now. The venues for the 14th edition tournament 2021 were Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata.
IPL Winners List from 2008-2021:
In the table below, we are going to present the winners of IPL details from the year 2008 to 2021.
|2010||Chennai Super Kings|
|2011||Chennai Super Kings|
|2012||Kolkata Knight Riders|
|2014||Kolkata Knight Riders|
|2018||Chennai Super Kings|
The detailed analysis on IPL Winner List, Runner Up, Venue, Number of teams, Player of the Match and Player of the Series are given below:
|Year||Winner||Runner Up||Venue||Number of teams||Player of the Match|
|2020||Mumbai Indians||Delhi Capitals||Dubai||8||Trent Boult|
|2019||Mumbai Indians||Chennai Super Kings||Hyderabad||8||Jasprit Bumrah|
|2018||Chennai Super Kings||Sunrisers Hyderabad||Mumbai||8||Shane Watson|
|2017||Mumbai Indians||Rising Pune Supergiants||Hyderabad||8||Krunal Pandya|
|2016||Sunrisers Hyderabad||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Bangalore||8||Ben Cutting|
|2015||Mumbai Indians||Chennai Super Kings||Kolkata||8||Rohit Sharma|
|2014||Kolkata Knight Riders||Kings XI Punjab||Bangalore||8||Manish Pandey|
|2013||Mumbai Indians||Chennai Super Kings||Kolkata||9||Kieron Pollard|
|2012||Kolkata Knight Riders||Chennai Super Kings||Chennai||9||Manvinder Bisla|
|2011||Chennai Super Kings||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Chennai||10||Murali Vijay|
|2010||Chennai Super Kings||Mumbai Indians||Mumbai||8||Suresh Raina|
|2009||Deccan Chargers||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Johhanesburg||8||Anil Kumble|
|2008||Rajasthan Royals||Chennai Super Kings||Mumbai||8||Yusuf Pathan|
IPL Winners List – Player Awards.
Besides, the man of the match, there are the players awards given to the players on the basis of their performance. The complete list of IPL awards for best performances includes the following categories:
- Orange Cap – To the leading run-scorer in IPL – Shaun Marsh became the first winner of the award. In the 2019 IPL David Warner won the Orange Cap IPL Award, and in IPL 2020, K L Rahul won the Orange Cap.
- Purple Cap – To the leading wicket-taker in IPL – Sohail Tanveer was the first awardee of Purple Cap. In IPL 2019, Imran Tahir won this award. In IPL 2020, Kagiso Rabada won the Purple Cap.
- Maximum Sixes Awards – To the batsman who hits the most sixes in IPL. 1st receiver of this award was Sanath Jayasuriya and in IPL 2019 Andre Russell won the Maximum Sixes Award. Ishan Kishan won the Maximum Sixes Award in IPL 2020.
- Most Valuable Player – Till 2012 it was called ‘Man of the Tournament’. Shane Watson was the first recipient of this award in 2008 IPL. In 2019, Andre Russell was felicitated with the Most Valuable Player of the Tournament Award. Jofra Archer won the award of Most Valuable Player in IPL 2020.
- Emerging Player of the Year – It was presented as “best under-19 player” in 2008, and “best under-23 player” and “Under-23 Success of the Tournament” in 2009 and 2010 respectively. The award was known as “Rising Star of the Year”, in 2011-12, and “Best Young Player of the Season” in 2013. Since 2014, the award has been called the “Emerging Player of the Year.” The first player to receive this award was Shreevats Goswami in 2008, In IPL 2019, Shubham Gill won this award. Devdutt Padikkal won the award for Emerging Player of the Year in IPL 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Q. Which team has won the maximum IPL titles?
Ans. Mumbai Indians have won the IPL maximum times.
Q. Who is the highest run scorer in the IPL matches?
Ans. The highest run scorer in IPL matches is David Warner.
Q. Which player won most IPL titles?
Ans. Rohit Sharma has won the IPL titles 6 times. He has won it 5 times for Mumbai Indians and one time for the Deccan Chargers