1. The Union Cabinet on 21 Jul approved a proposal to extend an interest subvention scheme to banks to benefit farmers. Which of the following is NOT true in this regard?
1) The scheme will be restricted to short-term crop loans up to Rs 3 lakh.
2) The farmers who repay their amounts within one year of disbursal will get benefitted of it.
3) The scheme would be applicable for post-harvest loans taken by small and marginal farmers against their negotiable warehouse receipts.
4) The Cabinet approved an expenditure of Rs 18,110 cr for FY16 to enable banks to provide three per cent interest subvention.
5) None of these
2. Who won the women’s doubles title of the 2015 Rogers Cup Masters tournament?
1) Caroline Garcia and Katarina Srebotnik
2) Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Lucie Safarova
3) Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis
4) Renata Voracova and Sania Mirza
5) None of these
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 12 Months
- 6 Months
- 1 Month
- 3 Months
3. ___________ has taken over as the Chairman of the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
1) RP Singh
2) Vijay Chhibber
3) Raghav Chandra
4) Rajinder Khanna
5) Pradeep Kumar Sinha
4. The Reserve Bank has withdrawn the instructions on compensation to banks for detecting counterfeit notes. The compensation was being paid at _________ of the notional value of counterfeit notes detected.
1) 5 per cent
2) 10 per cent
3) 15 per cent
4) 20 per cent
5) 25 per cent
5. Name the noted Indian agriculture scientist who has been awarded the first Sunhak Peace Prize, billed as an alternative to the Nobel Peace Prize. He shares the award with the President of Kiribati Islands, Anote Tong.
1) Modadugu Vijay Gupta
2) R Paul Singh
3) Surinder K Vasal
4) Sanjaya Rajaram
5) BR Barwale
6. The government on 27 Aug released a list of 98 cities which are to be developed as smart cities. Which state leads in number of smart cities?
1) Tamil Nadu
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
7. The Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar 2015 has been given to:
1) Directorate General of Military Training (DGMT)
2) Coal India Limited (CIL)
3) Haryana State Police
4) Sports Coaching Foundation (SCF)
5) All the above
8. OP Jaisha set a new marathon national record at World Athletics Championships and ensured the 2016 Rio Olympics spot. The biennial World Athletics Championships 2015 was held in:
9. The book titled “To The Brink And Back: India’s 1991 Story” has been authored by who among the following?
1) Jairam Ramesh
2) Yashwant Sinha
3) Manmohan Singh
4) P Chidambaram
5) Jayanthi Natarajan
10. The Vice President of India M Hamid Ansari released a book entitled ‘Locale, Everyday Islam and Modernity’ recently. The book has been authored by:
1) Mufti Mohammad Sayeed
2) Syed Ahmed
3) MJ Akbar
4) M Raisur Rahman
5) None of these