Directions (Q. 1-5): In each of the following sentence there are two blank spaces. Below each sentence there are five pairs of words denoted by numbers 1), 2), 3), 4) and 5). Find out which pair of words can be filled up in the blanks in the sentence in the same sequence to make it meaningfully complete.
1. In the past, major developments have always been ________ by the precautionary___________
1) boosted, reassurances
2) guided, principle
3) proceeded, evidence
4) monitored, suspension
5) encircled, images
2. The effects of large-scale ________ of genetically modified organisms into the environment are now of ___________ greater than what happens in nature.
1) evaporation, concern
2) turnout, problem
3) configuration, tragedy
4) releases, magnitude
5) assembling, worry
3. Indian fiction in English today presents a rich and ______ landscape, with a _________ of claims and multiplicity of voices.
1) mighty, plethora
2) potential, series
3) diverse, multitude
4) multiple, host
5) encircled, images
4. Children’s literature is being examined everywhere for its_____ and _____ value.
1) appropriateness, educational
2) merit, simplicity
3) minuteness, cross
4) softness, mystical
5) fairness, spiritual
5. Trade unions in our country became powerful because politicians were ________ to ______ their large vote-banks.
1) ready, increase
2) reluctant, displease
3) supposed, generate
4) eager, assemble
5) vehement, soar
Directions (Q. 6-10): Rearrange the following seven sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and (G) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
A) To love God and remain devoted to him is the best antidote to the evils of anger, malice, avarice and sinful tendencies.
B) These names thus become useful aids to people in their spiritual effort at meditation.
C) Earlier, My friend Sheelu had spoken at length on righteousness, morals and ethics that can survive only if people uphold these virtues with commitment against the powerful effects of evil.
D) She expounds the God’s various names that describe his infinite nature as well as his various forms and auspicious qualities.
E) She now accedes to the God’s bidding, knowing this to be God’s wish.
F) The highest religion that can relieve one from the cycle of birth and the only solace in this modern age is to worship God with devotion.
G) Saluting the God with love and reverence, Sheelu says that by God’s grace, she feels inspired to speak on religion that is the basis of universal order.
6. Which of the following should be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement ?
7. Which of the following should be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement ?
8. Which of the following should be the SIXTH sentence after rearrangement ?
9. Which of the following should be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement ?
10. Which of the following should be the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement ?
(6-10): C E G F A D B