Directions (Q. 1-5): Study the following table carefully and answer accordingly:
1. Which type of fruits is consumed maximum over the week?
2. On which of the following days, Mr. A spends the least amount for buying all the five types of fruits?
3. Total expense on Thursday for buying Dates is approximately what per cent of the expense for buying Cherries on Sunday?
4. The expense of Bananas on Saturday is equal to that on which type of fruits on any day?
5. What is the ratio of the rate of the costliest fruit to that of the cheapest?
(a) 4 : 63
(b) 8 : 31
(c) 21 : 1
(d) 4 : 5
(e) None of these
6. Mahesh earned a profit of Rs. 300 by selling 100 kg of a mixture of X and Y types of rice at total price of Rs. 1100. What was the proportion of X and Y types of rice in the mixture if the cost prices of X and Y types of rice are Rs. 10 and Rs. 5 per kg respectively?
(a) 4 : 1
(b) 2 : 5
(c) 3 : 2
(d) 5 : 2
(e) 2 : 3
7. A sales girl’s terms were changed from a flat commission of 7% on all her sales to a fixed salary of Rs. 500 plus 5% commission on all sales exceeding Rs. 5000. If her remuneration as per the new scheme was Rs. 50 more than that in the previous scheme, then find her total sales in Rs. term.
(a) Rs. 12000
(b) Rs. 10000
(c) Rs. 15000
(d) Rs. 12500
(e) None of these
8. A bag contains 5 red, 4 white, 3 black balls. 3 balls are drawn randomly. The probability of the balls drawn contains no red ball is —
9. Two trains 128 meters and 122 meters long are running towards each other on parallel lines at 48 kmph and 42 kmph respectively. In what time will they clear off each other from the moment they meet?
(a) 10 seconds
(b) 12 seconds
(c) 18 seconds
(d) 14 seconds
(e) 9 seconds
10. A right prism has a triangular base with perimeter 38 cm. If the lateral surface area of the prism is 342 square cm, find its height.