Directions (Q. 1-5): Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer he questions given below.
(A) Therefore, both are deeply interest in such an arrangement.
(B) The enjoyment of overdraft facility for a period of four years unfailingly points to the conduct of the bank.
(C) Such an arrangement–euphemistically called by Mr. Chhatrapati as a facility – is nothing but a contract.
(D) The bank grants overdraft facility in order to earn interest.
(E) The contract, if it is well settled, can be inferred from the conduct of the parties.
(F) Its constituents enjoy the overdraft facility in order to develop their business.
1. Which of the following will be the SIXTH (LAST) sentence after rearrangement?
2. Which of the following will be the FOURTH sentences after rearrangement?
3. Which of the following will be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
4. Which of the following will be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
5. Which of the following will be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
Directions (Q. 6-10): In each of the following sentences there are certain blank spaces. Below each sentence there are five options denoted by the numbers 1), 2), 3), 4) and 5). Find out which option can be used to fill up the blank(s) in the sentence in the same sequence to make it meaningfully complete.
6. Sikkim was_______________seriously by the September 2011 earthquake, which measured 6.9 on the Richter___________.
1) effected, range
2) damaged, meter
3) haunted, calibration
4) affected, scale
5) blemished, system
7. India has a vibrant publishing scene, thanks to not only the big publishers but also a lot of quality-___________little publishing house that __________________it going.
1) conscious, keep
2) responsive, put
3) apprised, retain
4) mindful, retain
5) cognisant, enjoy
8. The staunch proponents of economic liberalization have often________________that the relaxation of state______________will lead to phenomenal growth of industries spurred by FDI.
1) contended, neglect
2) jumped, inability
3) hassled, domination
4) crossed, dominion
5) argued, control
9. After a relationship____________over one-and-a-half centuries, on July 14, Kolkata bid an emotional________________to a mode of communication called the telegram.
1) traversing, farewell
2) extending, relation
3) spanning, adieu
4) ranging, goodbye
5) covering, hello
10. ______________the defeat of Tipu Sultan in the Fourth Anglo Mysore War (1798-99) in Srirangpatnam, the British army _____________itself in the vicinity of the old city area of Bangalore.
1) By, opened
2) With, garrisoned
3) At, guarded
4) On, armoured
5) For, left