Directions (Q.1-5): Rearrange the following five sentences (A), (B), (C), (D) and (E) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.
(A) The policy makers in most of the developing economies recognise this importance and have been implementing a host of programmes and measures to achieve rural development objectives.
(B) While some of these countries have achieved impressive results from those programmes and measures, others have failed to make a significant dent ' in the problem of persistent rural underdevelopment.
(C) The socio-economic disparities between rural and urban areas are widening and creating tremendous pressure on the social and economic fabric of many such developing economies.
(D) These factors, among many others, tend to highlight the importance of rural development.
(E) Although millions of rural people have escaped poverty as a result of rural development in many Asian countries, a large majority of rural people continue to suffer from persistent poverty.
1. which of the following should be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
2. which of the following should be the LAST FIFTH sentence after rearrangement?
3. which of the following should be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement?
4. which of the following should be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
5. which of the following should be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
Directions (Q. 6–10) : Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is 'No error' the answer is 5). (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any)
6. Yet for historical reasons, 1)/ many organisation today 2)/ don't have 3)/ much leadership. 4)/ No error 5)
7. There is a sense of 1)/ joy in doing 2)/ one's work 3)/ honestly and efficiently. 4) /No error 5)
8. Any attempt to abolish 1)/ child labour 2)/ through legal recourse would, 3)/ in the circumstances, not be practical. 4)/ No error 5)
9. Kashmir had been 1)/ the bone of 2)/ contention from 3) /a very long time. 4)/ No error 5)
10. A moment's reflection 1)/ would show that 2)/ there can be 3)/ another reason. 4)/ No error 5)