‘A @ B’ means ‘A is not smaller than B’.
‘A $ B’ means ‘A is not greater than B’.
‘A % B’ means ‘A is neither smaller than nor equal to B’.
‘A # B’ means ‘A is neither greater than nor equal to B’.
‘A © B’ means ‘A is neither smaller than nor greater than B’.
In each of the following questions assuming the given statements to be true, find out which of the two conclusions I and II given below them is/are definitely true. Give answer—
1] If only conclusion I is true.
2] If only conclusion II is true.
3] If either conclusion I or conclusion II is true.
4] If neither conclusion I nor conclusion II is true.
5] If both conclusions I and II are true.
1. Statements: P $ Q, R @ S, S # P,
Conclusions: I. Q % R
II. P % R
2. Statements: A @ B, C $ A, B % D
Conclusions: I. B © C
II. D # A
3. Statements: G @ H, E % F, F # G,
Conclusions: I. H # F
II. E % G
4. Statements: K $ L, J © K, L % M
Conclusions: I. L © J
II. L % J
5. Statements: A © B, C # D, D % A
Conclusions: I. B # D
II. A # C
Directions (6-10): In each question below are two/three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the two/three given statements to be true even if they seen to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts. Give answer-
1) if only conclusion I follows
2) if only conclusion II follows
3) if either conclusion I or conclusion II follows
4) if neither conclusion I nor conclusion II follows
5) if both conclusion I and conclusion II follow
6. Statements: Some chairs are Fans. Some belts are chairs.
Conclusions: I. No Fan is a belt.
II. All belts being Fans is a possibility.
7. Statements: All doors are bags. All sheets are doors.No pen is a bag.
Conclusions: I. Some doors being pens is a possibility.
II. At least some bags are sheets.
8. Statements: No moon is a plate. Some stars are plates.
Conclusions: I. No moon is a star.
II. All stars are moons.
9. Statements: Some clips are caps. All caps are socks.
Conclusions: I. All clips being socks is a possibility.
II. All such clips which are not socks can never be caps
10. Statements: All weeks are months. All months are years. No month is a century.
Conclusions: I. No century is a year.
II. At least some centuries are years.
@ – >
$ – <
% – >
# – <
© – =
Statement: R > S < P < Q
Conclusions I. Q > R
II. P > R
Statement: C < A > B > D
Conclusions I. B = C
II. D < A
Statement: E > F < G > H
Conclusions I. H < F
II. E > G
Statement: J = K < L > M
Conclusions I. L = J
II. L > J
Statement: C < D > A = B
Conclusions I. B < D
II. A < C