‘A @ B’ means ‘A is not smaller than B’.
‘A $ B’ means ‘A is not greater than B’.
‘A % B’ means ‘A is neither smaller than nor equal to B’.
‘A # B’ means ‘A is neither greater than nor equal to B’.
‘A © B’ means ‘A is neither smaller than nor greater than B’.
In each of the following questions assuming the given statements to be true, find out which of the two conclusions I and II given below them is/are definitely true. Give answer—
1] If only conclusion I is true.
2] If only conclusion II is true.
3] If either conclusion I or conclusion II is true.
4] If neither conclusion I nor conclusion II is true.
5] If both conclusions I and II are true.
1. Statements: C $ D, A @ B, B # C,
Conclusions: I. D % A
II. C % A
2. Statements: N @ P, M $ N, P % Q
Conclusions: I. P © M
II. Q # N
3. Statements: G @ H, E % F, F # G,
Conclusions: I. H # F
II. E % G
4. Statements: K $ L, J © K, L % M
Conclusions: I. L © J
II. L % J
5. Statements: Y © Z, W # X, X % Y
Conclusions: I. Z # X
II. Y # W
Directions (6-10): Read the following passage carefully and answers the questions given below it—
Eight friends J, K, L, M, N, P, R and S like different movies – A , B, C, D, E, F, G and H. All of them are seated around a square table (two on each side) facing the centre.
L sits third to the right of K. K likes C. R is sitting second to the left of P. P is not an immediate neighbour of L or K. The one who likes A is an immediate neighbour of P. Three people sit between K and the person who likes F.
K, L and also their immediate neighbour do not like D. Only one person sits between the person who likes D and M. The persons who like E and H are immediate neighbour of each other. L likes neither H nor E. Only one person sits between J and the person who likes B. J does not like D or E. N does not like D.
6. Which of the following is true regarding R?
(1) R Like the B
(2) S and M are immediate neighbours of R
(3) One person sits between R and the person who likes H
(4) R sits second to the right of J
(5) None of these
7. Who amongst the following likes movie E ?
(1) L (2) R (3) M
(4) N (5) Cannot be determined
8. How many person sit between S and the person who likes H, when counted from the left hand side of the person who likes H?
(1) None (2) One (3) Two
(4) Three (5) Four
9. Which of the following is true?
(1) Only one person is sitting between the person who likes H and G brand.
(2) S likes D brand.
(3) The person who likes E is an immediate neighbour of K.
(4) One person sits between K and the person who likes D brand.
(5) None is true
10. Who amongst the following represent immediate neighbour of M?
(1) J, N
(2) P and the person who likes D
(3) K and the person who likes G
(4) P, R
(5) J, S
@ – ³
$ – £
% – >
# – <
© – =
Statement: A ³ B < C £ D
I. D > A
II. C > A
Statement: M £ N ³ P > Q
Conclusions I. P = M
II. Q < N
Statement: E > F < G ³ H
Conclusions I. H < F
II. E > G
Statement: J = K £ L > M
Conclusions I. L = J
II. L > J
Statement: W < X > Y = Z
Conclusions I. Z < X
II. Y < W