Directions (1-10): In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passageand against each, five words/phrases are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word/phrase in each case:
Most of us are ….1….
of open conflict and avoid it if we can. And there is a ….2…
to expressing and working through conflict. If the working involves harsh words and name-calling people fell deeply hurt and relationships can be …3…..
Some group members may be afraid that if they really…4…
their anger, they may go out of control and become violent, or they may do this. These fears can be very …5…
and based on experience. So why, take the risk? why not avoid at all cost ? Conflict is rather like disease …6….
is best that means attending to areas where ….7….
may occur before it become an issue.
If you have not …8…
a conflict happening, your next choice is to treat it early, or hope that it goes away. If it goes away over time fine. If it …9….
then you will still have to handle it and it is likely to be more …10…
Directions (11-15): In each of the following sentences, an idiomatic expression of a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence.
11. Facts spoke louder than words at the Company meeting where the director tried to paint a rosy picture of the Company’s financial health.
1) Too many facts related to the good financial health of the Company were presented during the meeting.
2) The company was not doing well financially despite the Director saying otherwise.
3) The Director was very loud while presenting the facts about the Company’s financial health during the meeting.
4) The facts stated in the meeting supported the Director’s claims of good financial health of the Company.
5) The company was doing exceptionally well financially, despite the Director saying otherwise.
12. By initiating the fight with Sakshi in office, Kajal had killed the goose that lay the golden egg.
1) By initiating the fight with Sakshi in office, Kajol and left her speechless.
2) Kajal had ruined her chances of success by picking a fight with Sakshi in office.
3) Kajal had exacted her revenge by picking a fight with sakshi in office.
4) Kajal had hurt Sakshi by picking a fight with her in office.
5) By initiating the fight with Sakshi in office, Kajal had missed getting the golden egg.
13. I let the chips fall where they may and do not worry too much about what I want to do next.
1) I take calculated risks.
2) I let others do what they want and do not interfere.
3) I am clumsy.
4) I do not try to control my destiny.
5) I prefer chaos to calm.
14. After trying hard to convince Narendra to change his ways, Raman realized that a leopard cannot change its spots.
1) Raman realized that Narendra would never change his ways.
2) Raman realized that Narendra was helpless.
3) Rama realized that he was not good at convincing others.
4) Raman realized that Narendra would change his ways soon.
5) Raman realized that someone else was forcing Narendra to act in a certain way.
15. Before starting work on our new project, our mentor told us to not count our chickens before they hatched.
1) Our mentor warned us against being over-confident about achieving success.
2) Our mentor asked us to meticulously count the chicken first and then the eggs.
3) Our mentor warned us against being over-enthusiastic in implementing the project.
4) Our mentor warned us about all the challenges that lay ahead of us.
5) Our mentor informed us about the prizes that we would get on succeeding.
This package Includes IBPS RRB Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
IBPS RRB Mains, IBPS CLERK, IBPS PO, LIC ASSISTANT, IBPS SO, IBPS PO Mains, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, Assistant, IBPS RRB PO Prelims etc.
Additionally you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques and more...
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium